Sending video from Android tablet by email, can you?

Head Rose'n'Tail

As the title says folks. 

How do you send video files in an email from an Android? 

Old pc and laptop I seem to remember zip files and compression stuff! must've been windows. Does paranoid Android do that clever stuff? 

:)

No @Shumroom mate never used them, or any of the other stuff FB Insta or the like! I'm one of those weirdos ;)

I've seen youtoob and bought something off ehay once, that's about it. :)

You can only do it through other 'outside forces' now? Do I need to crank up the windaes '98 laptop to send an email with a video attached? :)

• Like 2

The vid is on the Android device @twigs and I can access my email from it. Is there a secret method to follow? Do you have the key? :)

@Head Rose'n'Tail

Least faff being as you ok with email:

Create an email and click 'attachments', find your file, and email it your your own address. Then log into your email from the machine you want the file on, and download said attachment.

There are usually file size limits, so if it's massive might not work.

• Like 3

@j.o.i.n.t that sucks! :)

You can only do it through 'outside sources'? :crybaby: I'm going back to being a hermit, less hassle lol

Does windaes still do zip files that would perform this simple task? I could just get a new laptop and spend 6 months learning how to navigate W11 I suppose lol

Or am I just getting too old already!! ? :med:

@Head Rose'n'Tail Depending on how the video is encoded, you might not gain much by 'zipping' it. Also, doing that on android...I don't use it, dunno. Windows, yes, you could (but I don't use that either)

Do you have privacy worries using an 'outside service'?.... Got to say it man, but using android makes that...well, stable door and horses come to mind :D

But I did a quick search, and if you wanted to keep the contents of said video file unreadable by an upload service, then perhaps have a look at these and pick one that you can get your head round....but, again, cant offer suggestions as to best one, I don't even have a smart phone. Just mention it as a concept.

https://beencrypted.com/encryption/guide/best-android-encryption-apps/

...but it's getting more complicated, eh. And apps are... I'd just use an upload service.

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 1

@twigs Can do it with my 'burner' (its not a burner, its just what folk call it cos its shit), just plugged it in with a usb lead...

Try that op! 'KISS.'

When in doubt asking a kid is another approach :D

Edited by j.o.i.n.t
  • Like 3

@j.o.i.n.t ah the joys of computerism first thing  :wallbash: 

according to my kids I know fuck all about technology..until their shit breaks/doesn’t work and I fix it every time lol 

and they’re like but how did you know that lol 

Edited by twigs
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Head Rose'n'Tail said:

Does windaes still do zip files that would perform this simple task?

On Windows I have sent files by email that exceed the file size limit by using RAR files which are basically similar to zip files.

A program called WinRAR (shareware) can split and "zip" a large file into smaller files that can then be sent individually.

The main downside is that your recipient will also need to have WinRar at the other end to unzip and recombine them.

You can determine what size chunks you want to use to suit your email limit and you can encrypt them with a password.

All of this is a bit of a faff and I'd now upload the file to my One Drive (linked to my Microsoft email account) and send a link to my recipient to view or download.

Edited by Wacky Wardrobe
gramer
  • Like 1