Yellow and brown patches

Dreamer420

Hi, 

I’ve been growing these og kush autos, in compost, under 150w led, and they’ve been doing ok. I got slight tip damage, but then small yellow patches started appearing on the leaves. Someone suggested I was over feeding, so I cut right back, mostly just gave water for the last week or so. But there are still these patches.

I only have about three weeks till chop, so they’ll prob be fine to make it to the end but I’d like to sort it if I can.

Any help would be appreciated :bong:

large.F4976553-F7D7-4112-8885-486749CC2ABC.jpeg

The yellow and brown (rust) spots won't really go away anymore.  Since you have done a flush, i would go back to feeding with nutrients - perhaps 1/2 dose to see how they respond.  Make sure to keep the burnt leaves inside the buds under supervision.  cause mould might start there more easily. 

• Like 6

Cheers for that. 
I carefully trimmed off the worst bits, in the hope I’d be more likely to notice if it was getting worse or staying the same.

I’ll go back to half feeds, thanks 

• Like 3

Appears to still be happening… dark and yellow areas. Only had a very light feed. The odd thing is, the plant next to it, from the same seed pack, has been treated exactly the same throughout, looks way better. Does seem a different phenotype though. 

any ideas anyone?
large.0439B272-3A08-442D-A6D2-3BCDA9CB676A.jpeglarge.038980BC-C172-45DF-84DE-C98FA3086B7D.jpeglarge.2FD8A9EC-58EA-4B4A-9399-AFE6B815E5A4.jpeglarge.07B1D34A-9DB0-4BC9-B0EF-430E9ECC5D8F.jpeg

• Like 1

Yes you often get seeds in a pack with some differences,

finishing time, feed requirements etc.

Is the plant close to a fan or intake?

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

Could it be that you once fed your plant while the compost in the pot was dried out?  Sometimes, the feed can be a bit "hot" for dry roots and translates to leaf tip burn.  I would return to regular feed and final week of flush from now. Just make sure the compost isn't too dry when giving water with nutrients. ;)   If pot has dried out... just start with a bit of plain tap water (in order to presoak the compost) and then return with the feed about 30min later. 

• Like 3

@Shumroom

relatively close to movement fan, but again, I’d say the other plant is closer…

@AustrianToker

yes that could be right, I probably have done that, I’ll be sure to dampen them first. Still, both plants treated the same, but on it this one seems affected. But I’ll make sure they’re always damp in future grows to eliminate that anyway, thanks 

• Like 2

I get this sometimes, i just put it down to the plants genetics or maybe a fussy feeder and it's never really caused me any issues. The plant still battles on and most of the time it's near the end of flowering anyway.

• Like 1

Well I don’t have much choice but to carry on. I gave another light feed and feel the next day there was a lot more yellow. So I’ve decided to just plain water from now on…

• Like 1

Sometimes they get to the point where you just want to get them across the line :)

I'd highly recommend that you start a grow diary in the relevant section for your next run :thumsup:

That way you can hopefully avoid getting to that stage again. 

Hopefully things will be a bit better once the temperature comes up a bit :yep:

Atb 

:yinyang:

• Like 1

If the other plant is ok it may just be a shit pheno, I did a black widow once that looked like that, sorry to say it was the worst plant I've ever grown.

• Like 1