Autos in the ground

Celtic voyager

2 hours ago, MindSoup said:

I can only speak from my own experience but I've had all kinds of problems using the cheaper cardboard poundshop pots they definitely seem to hinder root growth. 50 for a tenner for the best ones you can get seem like a decent deal to me, I'm hoping they might be the key to me getting some Autos like Ch@ppers grows :wub:

Ok mate them jiffy pots are they like black sponge sorta triangula shape cheers

I tried direct sowing germinated seeds (autos that turned out to be more like semi autos) one year, 100% success rate and no stunting. Its documented in one of my diaries, I think "HFM at it again" but not 100%. I set small pots on top of a bed in a guerilla plot, pots contained mostly coir and a little MPC +mycorr. The idea was that the sub in the pots would be better sub and warmer than the beds, giving them better conditions for a good start. And of course avoiding any transplant shock. I'm going to do it again this year.large.IMG_0255JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0254JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0257JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0258JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0262JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0318JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0317JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0316JPG.jpglarge.rsz_img_0348.jpglarge.IMG_0282JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0344JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0451JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0294JPG.jpglarge.IMG_0298JPG.jpg

:yep:

• Like 9

Oh right, yeah mate not the plugs, doubt you'd have much luck leaving an auto in one of them for 3 weeks lol. Yeah they're very similar to the eye but the jiffy ones are much easier for the roots to penetrate, I gather the slots also help a lot. 

• Like 1

Mine all go into the ground within 1-5 days after germinating unless they are growing in really bad soil. I used 1 pot noodle pot of amendments worked into 1 shove of native dirt. My amendments are not always the same but usually a mix of chicken poo, fish blood & bone, lime, nothing fancy. Sometimes they don't even get this if its a sandy soil were lots of nettles have grown its just a sprinkling of lime and a little fire hash. Auto's do pretty well just started in native soil that as been loosened as long as they are planted early in their life.

• Like 5

After todays visit to my new auto plot and scalping back all the top layer the soil looks pretty decent few stones here and there and a shed load of roots.

Now i aint had a dig of it yet as didnt take my spade but thinking if its ok i might go down this route would save me loads of work lugging compo to fill the pots i was going to use.

New auto plot roughly 3m x 3m.

large.P1020078.JPG

• Like 4