Recommendation?

Strange Cargo

Having had a moderately successful small scale hidden in plain sight kind of a guerilla grow last year I am wondering about another go when the weather starts picking up. My preference is generally for flavoursome sativas that aren't too strong like Durban Poison or Mexican Sativa, but appreciate that there will be some compromise. I would also prefer something that won't get too big, although I can always get the secateurs out if need be. Growing somewhere cooler and damper than might be ideal. Any suggestions on what to try appreciated.

I ran the Lemon Cake last year in the garden and it was highly impressive.     Took the weather well , no dramas , stayed reasonable height wise.

I will be running them again.      

Pics in my gallery  as im struggling to tag & link pics  :yep:

Some of the guys on here are way more familiar with the RGSC selections than myself.   

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Had a go with Fast Lemon Cake, Auto Wedding Cake, and Auto Tangie. All started about mid-May, and probably planted out about mid-June

Tangie was looking quite small but progressing quickly despite terrible weather, but then a couple of days of nice (but humid) weather completely did for it.

Wedding Cake was a bit bigger and slower and was looking nice until the sunny weather, fortunately I just lost the top of this one to rot (but probably 75% of the potential harvest), in July, the bottom of the plant did give quite a nice little harvest though (probably not fully ripe when cut).

It's fair to say that the autos were no match for the wettest summer on record.

Lemon Cake got big and had to be pruned several times to manage her size, but was budding nicely in late September and harvested mid-October. Lovely smell, reasonable looking buds for the effort invested (basically nowt), and no sign of any rot despite appalling weather.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 21/12/2023 at 07:40, jonnybigballs said:

So the fast Diesel, lemon drizzle and cake are all decent anyone tried the fast zskittles or cookies.

I grew FZ two years ago they finished late October with no rot decent smoke heavy yield haven't tried the Cookies 

• Thanks 1

For flavorsome sativas in a cooler, damper spot, you might wanna check out Northern Lights or maybe Hawaiian Snow. Both got some nice taste without hitting too hard.