Air pump recommendations

Asterion

Hi I'm not a fan of the hailia air pump I'm currently using it's a noisy thing and it's only 2 outlets. I messed up my dwc so need to buy a few bits anyway and need 2 more air outlets so I want to bin my hailia 2 outlet pump and get a better quality pump with 4 outlets but on searching they all look rubbish :bong:

Any recommendations would be appreciated airflow doesn't have to be huge it's going to be in 2x20l dwc so 2 airlines per bucket I'm more interested in something that doesn't torment me all day humming lol. 

• Like 1

@Asterion

Have a look at "Eheim" air pumps, I've got a couple and they're only two outlets but adjustable and pretty quiet.

One of those with a couple of golf ball airstones in a 20ltr dwc worked really well for me...:yep:

• Like 2

I've just been looking at some 2 outlets and the hailia I'm using is pretty low power in comparison so I think 2 outlets be fine with a better pump. I'll check those out cheers mate. 

• Like 1

The Eheim pumps are extremely quiet compared to the Hailia ones I've used in the past. Got the recommendation from searching and reading on here. That's why I love this site.. :yinyang:

• Like 2

During the first Covid lockdown, I set up a recirculating system - with a 60 litre reservoir - in my garden to grow vegetables. I used a 'Hydor Ario 4' air pump which sits inside the res. It worked really well and was very quiet. I particularly liked that it had a washable sponge diffuser, so no problem with clogging up. I think I bought it for £15 or so, but it was on offer at the time. Sal

• Like 2