puppygirl

Hi all, and thanks in advance for reading this. 

Ive just started growing, My first grow went really well. I was happy and I am still smoking it. They were blueberry autos. 

I had two seeds left, so i sowed them and they didnt grow. I used the same method as the last two. Soak for 36 hrs or so, pop them in the soil. Not deep, maybe half a CM. Then i put them in a seed propagator with a heat mat. 

Ive sown 6 more seeds. All autos, caramel, biscotti and  cheese auto. None have sprouted. 

The water is good on the ph levels and the soil is good soil, 6.5 ph. 

Im running out of smoke, and i really CBA with the process of obtaining said medication.  I have ordered some rock wool things to give them a try. 

I also keep the seeds in the fridge and in a sealed container. 

PLEASE help, what am i doing wrong??? 

I have some skywalker autos and banana seeds from Dutch passion.  How should do it?  

Thanks and peace and love. 

• Like 8

HI, welcome to the site.

You might be better soaking them a little bit longer so that you just start to see the taproot come through. I've always found just planting straight into compost best for me and until the last couple of months I've never had bother with seeds popping. I think I've had 9 fail to pop now although 5 were from the same packet which I think is very old. It's very annoying isn't it! :taz:

If you do compost grows then you don't need to worry about pH btw.

• Like 4

@puppygirl as @KC says when you drop the seeds in tepid water, try to get them to sink to the bottom of the glass. This you can do after 12 hours or so. Check them again after 12 or 24 hrs and see if the tap root starts to appear on the seed. Then carefully, drop the seed in the soil tap root down. Half a CM will be fine. By the way you don't need light to germinate seeds but spray the pots and the inside of the prop so it doesn't dry out. Good luck

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, puppygirl said:

The water is good

just a pointer, maybe its nothing, but I found that my tap water [high-EC/hard] was too hot for germinating seeds. it killed several

I swear I switched to r/o & didn't have the same problem again

try filtered water/mineral water

its the only thing I can think of as ur doing everything right it seems - propagater & heat mat - only difference is I use the paper towel/2 plates method before planting

yeah try check ya water mate 

oh & we all fumble with popping seeds, it seems even old hands have problems with seeds - spesh in this cold weather

mystic

• Like 1

Just now, Larry Badgeley said:

@puppygirl as @KC says when you drop the seeds in tepid water, try to get them to sink to the bottom of the glass. This you can do after 12 hours or so. Check them again after 12 or 24 hrs and see if the tap root starts to appear on the seed. Then carefully, drop the seed in the soil tap root down. Half a CM will be fine. By the way you don't need light to germinate seeds but spray the pots and the inside of the prop so it doesn't dry out. Good luck

Hiya and thanks. 

Yeah i keep them in a dark box. Do exactly as you and KC kindly say other than wait for the the tap root to show. 

Thank you both very much xx

EDIT:- Thanks Mystic Ill try mineral water x I live in the south so we do have hard water.  

Edited by puppygirl
  • Like 1

Thanks for the warm welcome .

Its very kind of you all. 

Ill keep you updated on how the tulip auto ive just put into water goes. 

Again, thank x

• Like 3

If you use rockwool be very careful as it's prone to overwatering, rootit or root riot cubes are best for starting seeds.

No faffing about with soaking etc just drop them in the pre-formed hole in the cube and tear a little bit off to cover the hole.

In the propagator, somewhere warm and they should sprout no problem...good luck...:yep:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Ey up :) I’m a fan of uncomplicated germination. Jiffy or lickle pot of compo. Warm n damp under a weak light for when they break the surface. Always works for me like.

This is how i do it too:smokin:

• Like 1