Strains With Strong Slow Body Rushes

MidgeSmith

Hi, I suppose that this is probably a bit of a stupid question because: a) effects tend to be somewhat down to the individual and b) it's kind of hard to guarantee that a specific characteristic of a strain will be present in the specific breeder and pheno.  That said...

A few times in my excessively long life, I have bought weed which gave me exquisite body effects.  Beyond the usual relaxed feeling or glow, the weed I am remembering had a pleasant physical thrumming.  A slow moving buzz that moves up and drown the body into my legs and feet and back up again, over and over? Friends of mine who smoked the same agreed they could feel similar sensations, so it wasn't weird neuralgia or just how I felt at the time...

I can't remember what the head effect was like, just stoned I guess, so I couldn't say if it was a more traditionally indica or sativa style, though I would put odds on that it was an indica leaning and more generally physical stoning plant.

I haven't had that effect from strains I have grown yet such as: "Red hair sensi", Early Pearl, Royal Dwarf, Green-o-matic, Chocolate Mint OG Auto, Sweet Tooth Auto, Sour Diesel Auto, Chemdog, Skunk #1 or Cheddar #1 and I am pretty sure that it wasn't an adulterated weed, just a particularly nice strain.

Have you grown a strain that does this, reliably or have you bought one that does and remember what it was?

• Like 1

Yes!! My mate used to have a ugorg blues cut that did just that , like you'd feel this "thrumming" sensation through yer body , it was great until you go into an overly well lit shop and the buzz of strip lights would intensify the sensation almost to the point of it becoming unbearable (for me anyway).

The high was top drawer too , properly get up and dance weed , almost mind expanding.

If I'm honest it was beautiful weed that , can't remember why it was lost.

:yinyang:

• Like 6

1 minute ago, mikeydoughnut said:

nevils haze x mullumbimby madness that does this.

Sounds plausible, when a few of us get through 4k's cheese x GDP subs I'm sure we can confirm that for you :yep:

• Like 4

Thanks guys, they sound like good starting points, thanks!

@mikeydoughnut @BilgePump thanks for the tips!

Yeah that overload from resonant frequencies of lights and sound is completely part of it.  The last time I felt it, I had to turn music down to get comfortable, but once I was in the sweet spot again, it was better than ecstasy. If I recall Blues is quite an up - traditionally sativa style - high.  I have a feeling it may well have been Kerala Krush or even a cut of Cinderella 99 that gave me that feeling last.  I was thinking probably Indica leaning body stone style plant as of course it is a feeling in the body, but maybe not!

• Like 2

C99 is definitely a contender, the same mate found a keeper in a pack of moscas c99 bx1 , it fucked me right up but without any body to the high, not quite the same vibrational effects but it was heady , racy stuff ... Made you want to do stuff but destroyed yer ability to function properly lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MidgeSmith said:

Cinderella 99

I was just about to say C99. I've had a similar feeling on what was sold to me as Sour Diesel as well. 

• Like 2

I wish we had a sensible system here and I could just trip-trap down to the local club or coffee shop and buy some to test the theory! :rofl:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

Yeah mate it's annoying isn't it. Take a 2 week trip to Amsterdam and see what you can find lol.

Ha ha ha! I haven't been since my stag do... over 15 years ago. :rofl:

I probably should do, you know... for research purposes.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, silvester growdrobe said:

Definitely sounds like something you're more likely to find in sativas than indicas to me. 

Yeah, right!  I assumed body effect 'Indica', but body effect / 'indica' usually means heavy eyelid and sleepy effect I guess whereas 'Sativa style'fires the neurons more :)

• Like 1

Whenever I've tried something in Amsterdam and bought the seeds they were nothing alike. 

Save yourself a trip..... And loads of wasted grows :rolleyes:

Edited by KC
Typos
  • Like 6

Likewise, tried a good few white/black widow versions from seed, NL5, Jack Herer and Happy brother. Only tried one cross of Happy Brother though. It was good but nothing like the coffeeshop flowers. 

In Spain I did buy some flowers of strains that I had grown not too long before and they were the same or similar. Same stock I'd assume, but quick dried, not properly cured. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Michael Luchóg said:

Likewise, tried a good few white/black widow versions from seed, NL5, Jack Herer and Happy brother. Only tried one cross of Happy Brother though. It was good but nothing like the coffeeshop flowers. 

In Spain I did buy some flowers of strains that I had grown not too long before and they were the same or similar. Same stock I'd assume, but quick dried, not properly cured. 

I think that's probably it.  Same strain over many years unless the seeds are coming from the same mother, there is always variance.  Sometimes unstable or non-homogenous strains also can throw up and almost entirely different thing. Like you say @KC I used to love A-dam though, so the idea of going back some time is appealing.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, KC said:

Whenever I've tried something in Amsterdam and bought the seeds they were nothing alike. 

Save yourself a trip..... And loads of wasted grows :rolleyes:

Yeah true, you'd need to somehow source the cuts, might take a bit longer than a 2 week trip.

• Like 4