Letting plants die before harvest

brumbuds

On 13/02/2023 at 5:07 PM, brumbuds said:

have I completely messed this up?

not exactly like urs but ive had bud that I nearly binned, turn out to be smokeable at least with some return of smell, after curing

it prolly won't be great weed but curing should improve it. might surprise u

mystic

33 minutes ago, BushDoctoR said:

I would've expected the complete opposite tbh

I think it seems to rapidly "consume itself" in a bid to stay alive and send every last bit to the buds rather than giving up on life and petering out slowly in the dark waiting for the sun to come up again.

That's my bro science working hypothesis anyway.

:-)

• Like 1

i have never thought leaving them in darkness made any notable difference in the end product. ANd, yes, ive tried it, numerous times and noticed no difference, why would it?

UNlelss somneone can come up with the science to prove me wrong, im calling bollox on it.

the stop feeding them ios another old wives tale, unless you have been feeding crazy high ec's and are attempting to somehow leech the nutrients out of them...dont bother, its too late, the damage jhas been done. just ramp the feeds down in the last 2 weeks....it only means that the buds will be partially dehydrated when you chop em. i just leave it a day, as it possibly cuts down drying time, as youve effectively had a day of them dehydrating on the stems.

there is a load of old shite written about growing, and like said by someone earlier, dont listen to "mates " or for that matter grow shop dudes advice, its 99% shite imho. my personal favourite is to put a rusty nail through the stem to make them more potent, who the actual fuck comes up with this nonsense.

rant over..

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

i have never thought leaving them in darkness made any notable difference in the end product. ANd, yes, ive tried it, numerous times and noticed no difference, why would it?

UNlelss somneone can come up with the science to prove me wrong, im calling bollox on it.

the stop feeding them ios another old wives tale, unless you have been feeding crazy high ec's and are attempting to somehow leech the nutrients out of them...dont bother, its too late, the damage jhas been done. just ramp the feeds down in the last 2 weeks....it only means that the buds will be partially dehydrated when you chop em. i just leave it a day, as it possibly cuts down drying time, as youve effectively had a day of them dehydrating on the stems.

there is a load of old shite written about growing, and like said by someone earlier, dont listen to "mates " or for that matter grow shop dudes advice, its 99% shite imho. my personal favourite is to put a rusty nail through the stem to make them more potent, who the actual fuck comes up with this nonsense.

rant over..

Shit I forgot to put my nails out in the rain :bangin: I gotta say I have tried it many years ago. Not sure about it making them stronger. I was told it was a old African trick to get the plant to ripen faster. In reality it makes the plant think its going to die. The stigma will start ripening because its dying. But dose nothing to the potency. It still a unripe nasty tasting end product :yuck:

However I did find their a little truth in the darkness for 3 day's thing. The theory is that THC is produced during the light and dark period but during the light period the UV degrades the THC. So only on the dark period its produced and not degraded. The cell devision continues in a plant for just under 3 days in total darkness. So the 3 day thing it pushing it a little but it does potential increase THC not because it produces more but because the UV dosent degrade any. But let's not confuse trichcombes with THC. Its already produced them. I don't thing it produces a or even a noticeable amount less than 1% extra THC but it certainly does no harm and safe you 3 day electricity and a watering. With todays electricity prices its worth it imo. :yep:

• Like 2