Experienced outdoor uk advice wanted

UK Plebhead

Get them out  either the end of April  / srat of May ,  depending on Lat and last frost.    

Autos have come a long way !!    You can bend them , tie them , top them  ,  pretty much do as you like.      

Try a few methods over a few plants ,  get a diary going and share your findings with us :yep:

Im having a play with ,  Sweet Seeds ,  Seed Stockers  ,  Real Gorilla Seeds and Alfemco autos this year.   

Good luck with them mate.       All the best

Why not get a photo / fem on the go to  ,  consider it a back up & hedging your bets.    

• Like 6

Got Northern Lights Auto, Easy Bud Auto, Royal Haze Auto so hopefully they will all like the climate as that's my biggest worry.

But I'm sure I done enough research to get the seed picking correct.

Hopefully my veg growing background will help me :)

I will update definitely..

Thank you 

• Like 5

Biggest thing for Autos (not that I'm great at growing them) is to get them into their final pot/spot as early as possible. If your growing in containers then just plant them straight into finals, just be careful you don't over water them, just a little every day to start with you don't need the whole pot moist. If they're going into the ground start them in Jiffy pots (the proper ones not the cardboard knock offs, they're available at Real Gorilla Seeds website) and get them into the ground within the first 2 weeks. I'd also recommend staggering the plant outs. That way your more likely to hit the sweet spot in the weather. 

Like @OldFord says, I'd recommend you chuck a photo or 2 into the mix. Although Autos finish earlier, photos are much more hardy and resistant to bad weather so they will often be the safer bet. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 5
7 minutes ago, UK Plebhead said:

Thank you Mindsoup!

Any recommendations on a photo Fem to put in as back up?

What sort of thing are you after?

Real Gorilla Seeds would be a good place to start, we also have Alfemco in the site shop pretty much the 2 best breeders for UK outdoor growing. You can't really go wrong with any of their strains and unlike most other breeders their descriptions are pretty accurate/realistic. 

Both SeedStockers & RGSC  , Sweet Seeds have all been very reliable to date.       

RGSC Super 61 was a joy to grow and rock solid  ,    as was the Lemon Cake  -  in fact the flavours from the Lemon was sublime  ,  one of the best lemon terps i have tried.  

As @MindSoup asks,  its down to personal pref & tatse as the genetics seem to take the weather and still produce.  

Piics of some previous runs in my gallery or  Diaries in the Growing Under Glass sections  titled This Years Offerings/

• Like 1

I did sweet seeds autos and photos last year. It was definitely worth the back up photos as despite treating them all exactly the same, the autos didn’t perform too well. 

• Like 1
On 13/2/2023 at 2:48 PM, MindSoup said:

Biggest thing for Autos (not that I'm great at growing them) is to get them into their final pot/spot as early as possible. If your growing in containers then just plant them straight into finals, just be careful you don't over water them, just a little every day to start with you don't need the whole pot moist. If they're going into the ground start them in Jiffy pots (the proper ones not the cardboard knock offs, they're available at Real Gorilla Seeds website) and get them into the ground within the first 2 weeks. I'd also recommend staggering the plant outs. That way your more likely to hit the sweet spot in the weather. 

Like @OldFord says, I'd recommend you chuck a photo or 2 into the mix. Although Autos finish earlier, photos are much more hardy and resistant to bad weather so they will often be the safer bet. 

Hi MindSoup 

Would you start off your autos in RGS jiffy pots, then just plant them into their final pot. Just an idea I'm thinking off.

If your growing in containers then just plant them straight into their final pots, just be careful not to over water them at the start, you won't want the whole pot wet. You could use the Jiffys if for whatever reason planting into finals is unpractical, but it's not necessary and a potential stress point so I'd avoid it if possible. 

• Like 1

Depending on lat and early months weather start early we get two crops of autos and one crop of photos . Plant the autos out quick so roots aren’t stopped in pots. Strain is very dependent on your latitude luckily we’re 49 degree lat so almost everything finished fine .

• Like 1
On 13/2/2023 at 1:52 PM, UK Plebhead said:

Got Northern Lights Auto, Easy Bud Auto, Royal Haze Auto so hopefully they will all like the climate as that's my biggest worry.

But I'm sure I done enough research to get the seed picking correct.

Hopefully my veg growing background will help me :)

I will update definitely..

Thank you 

I have pretty much the same strains as you have, I'm going to try them this year.

Easy bud

Quick one 

Royal dwarf 

Hazeberry 

Northern lights. 

Going by the site I bought them off, they should be able to grow outside no bother.

But like oldford, MindSoup and others have advised, I'm going to grow a number of photos as well.

Good luck with them.

Edited by Celtic voyager
Spelling
  • Like 5

I had decent results last year with autos in my garden/greenhouse.  Sweet seeds pretty solid. Start them indoors mid April and get em out start of May for an August harvest , before the shit weather hopefully.

Im running mostly all Seed Stocker autos this year , they've got a good rep on this site :smokin:

Edited by CustardVape
shite
  • Like 2