Pots : 15L vs 11L

purepotstill

Hi everyone,

got 4 15L pots to grow my autos, but was wondering if I could get a better yield with 6 or maybe 7 11L pots. It's an indoor setup, 1x1x2m with a 315CMH bulb. Your thoughts ?

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, purepotstill said:

Hi everyone,

got 4 15L pots to grow my autos, but was wondering if I could get a better yield with 6 or maybe 7 11L pots. It's an indoor setup, 1x1x2m with a 315CMH bulb. Your thoughts ?

I'd personally go with the 7 as in a 4x2.5ft I've got 5 in 10-11L and 2 in 7.5L. Still plenty of room at the minute but will have to see in a few more weeks time. I haven't tried doing less in bigger pots so unsure of what the difference would be.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

For the most part, more soil =  more bud. So yeah I reckon you just might.

You meant more soil in total in the tent, not by plant. Did I understand it right?

3 hours ago, badbillybob said:

4 pots are plenty ion that size space

iod stick with the 15's and use a good root stim

Yeah, think I'll finally stick with 15L. Was wondering about cramming a 5th 15L inside. Here's a pic of my last grow with 4 autos, do you think there's enough place for a 5th ?

large.IMG_20210508_151129_01.jpg

• Like 4

I had some on my last grow. And the grow before too. But  I won't this time : I'm just ordering a 25L Meaco tonight. Decided to do that drying buds 1 1/2 years ago. It's too much stress thinking you're about to lose 4 months of work. Not even talking about needing to buy street weed again...

• Like 3

with a 5th plant you can alsways remove 1...if one is behind a lot....

a full space is a must for most loot...

===

or make 1 big pot.....then you have a lot of soil too... :) 

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 3

Curveball: try one 60 litre pot and grow a monster! :) Needs to be an 'XXL' auto strain, will take longer until harvest but only one seed required...

• Like 1
On 2/3/2023 at 3:11 PM, badbillybob said:

4 pots are plenty ion that size space

iod stick with the 15's and use a good root stim

I up this : finally, I'll try photos this time. I'd prefer to harvest in the 1st week of June at the last. Summer comes early by here, and it's hot, no good for drying. Was thinking going with 6 11L pots could save a week or maybe two ? Strains are strongly Indica dominant, advertised for 8 to 9 weeks flo. Ok, it's just "advertised", but they should be on the short side of flo. Or there's no gained time to hope against 15L ? Pff, I'm even noober when it comes to photo lol

• Like 1