how much would a 250w Hps cost to run now

the ferret

ive never done a grow under a 250w HPS guys but they so cheap to buy now even with the ballasts. and give off hardly any heat. im thinking two plants tops would i be right and how much electric are you looking at a week. many thanks for any reply's ferret.

A 250w hps is good for a 1x1m space isn't it,at least that's what I used.

As for price that depends how much you're paying for your leccy,it would use 1kw in 4hrs

Our house with normal lighting, cooking, washing, plus:

325W (worth of LEDs), a 125W CFL and associated heating, fans and extraction

is currently costing around £7 a day. (Pre-pay)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

A 250w hps is good for a 1x1m space isn't it

Not quite, no.  More like 600W to get decent coverage, 250 is going to leave you a bit short.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, unity said:

Not quite, no.  More like 600W to get decent coverage, 250 is going to leave you a bit short.

Did me well but then atm I'm only using 180w in an 80x80 footprint (1mx1m veg).

7 minutes ago, unity said:

Because LED's are more economical and the return a tad better, it'd make sense to have an LED and a 250w HPS in that size tent . An LED on it's own isn't so great in the winter. There'll be a radiator running, making up for the lower temperatures, but the HPS will add much more heat than the LED and the oil rad can run a little lower. The LED light is ideal when the temperatures are too hot. Also, a grower might just need to turn the HPS on for a few hours for extra heat, and the added lumens can't harm. 

• Like 1

Roughly £1.60 in veg and about a £1 in flower (per day). I know they are cheap but you'd soon make your money back if you went led. You could turn it down in veg as you don't need as much light then put it full power for flower. You'd get way more weed than off a hps.

Ok in winter you'd need heating but that's true with a hps too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lux_Interior said:

Our house with normal lighting, cooking, washing, plus:

325W (worth of LEDs), a 125W CFL and associated heating, fans and extraction

is currently costing around £7 a day. (Pre-pay)

:eek::eek:

Fuuuuuuucccccckkkkk.....And I was whinging about paying the same and Im running 3x that (led)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unity said:

Here ya go, 4 week costing of running a 600W, flower & veg times shown.

large_cost.png

How the fuck did you get 0.29p a KWH ?.....do you know the CEO of E-on or something lollol 

I would have considered sexual favours to get it that low lollollollollol 

• Like 4

Just now, zen-ken said:

Fuuuuuuucccccckkkkk.....And I was whinging about paying the same and Im running 3x that (led)

With a 16yr old that keeps his TV on all night & a playstation, a washing machine a dishwasher, the cooker, microwave, my home office, the downstairs TV, fridge/freezer, my wife's vibrator.

Yeah get a 250W HPS

• Like 5

Just now, Lux_Interior said:

, my wife's vibrator.

Im glad my mrs gave that up....the size of the bloody thing, id need a mortgage to keep up with it lollollollollol 

(im glad she doesn't come on here or id be divorced lol )

• Like 1