Extra tent Cant decide what to use it for

MySoulIsMine

Hope you are all well.

I grow in a small 80x80 tent, and managed to squeeze another 60x60 tent beside it and going to put a 250w hps in the 60x60 and vent into the other tent to take advantage of the heat. 

I can’t decide if it would be more efficient to grow a single large auto in an 11l pot or use that tent as a veg tent so it cuts out veg times completely.

What do you lot think would be the most efficient use of the extra space ? Crop an auto every 10 weeks or use it to veg my usual plants before going into the other tent. Will be running the light 24 hours 

Peace 

Edited by MySoulIsMine

2 minutes ago, MySoulIsMine said:

What do you lot think would be the most efficient use of the extra space ?

Use it as a veg space and a drying space. The day you chop your plants, you put the vegging plants in the flower tent and the now chopped plants in the veg tente turned drying tent. 

The only problem there is you can't keep mothers... unless you get another tent! :D

• Like 3

Just now, GSZZ said:

Use it as a veg space and a drying space. The day you chop your plants, you put the vegging plants in the flower tent and the now chopped plants in the veg tente turned drying tent. 

The only problem there is you can't keep mothers... unless you get another tent! :D

Good idea mate about the drying as I always struggle with that part. I have a little mother and clone box I forgot to say. Thanks for your suggestion bro

Deffo a veg/drying tent, you can always take cuttings and pop them in the cloner for a couple of weeks while the 'erb is drying in the veg tent - when its dry the clones should be ready and can go back in the veg tent when its free.

Granted you need a space for the clones - but you can always pop cuts in the fridge for a few weeks to tide you over.

Dunno if it’s just me suppose it will be because everyone’s environment is different. I’ve noticed poorer quality of smoke when drying in the same room as a running tent. Granted it was 600w rather than a 250w but still wouldn’t like to dry next to a running tent personally. Would rather move it to another room in the house for a couple weeks. 

1 tent for veg and the the other for flower.

Start your cycle and say 3wk before you flip to flower start seedling off or take clone cutting. That'll give the baby plant time to establish its roots and your main plant time to recover if taking cutting for clones.

In the last 10 days of harvest give your veg plants a massive defoliation so they're ready to go in the flower tent on chop day, even give them a spray of neem as a precautionary and they'll recover over the next 10 days into healthy plants for flower

Swap things around and if you've any little veg plants then try and time your 12/12 so it's semi daytime light and take your veg plants out for natural daylight. Might be drop in temps etc but tbh they won't give a fuck in veg and you can even time it so when lights out for the veg plants and chuck them in the drying tent so you don't disturb your flowers 

It's only going to be a couple of weeks max for drying and even then I'd sat after a week hanging you'll be ready to cardboard them or paperbag so your tents free again for vegging 

Edited by Darknight420710