Anyone else figured out a way to deal with the high humidity?

FlooK

3 hours ago, Axiom said:

@Flamedodger which size you got? 12/L a day?

Yep, that’s the one  :yep:

I don’t know how you’re fixed for drainage, but continuous drain is a must for me.

Edited by Flamedodger

33 minutes ago, NezA said:

There's your problem. Always vent to atmosphere.

Is it possible to do with the extractor + carbon filter outside the tent?

@FlooK you can get an in-line filter they're not cheap but if you need the headroom they're a good option if you're limited on space. Another solution would be a second tent. You put your filter in that and run that to atmosphere. Then run a duct from your main tent to the inlet of the tent with your extraction. And use a single fan and filter to vent both.

With LED extraction requirements are minimal I currently have 3 tents hooked up to a single extraction setup daisy chain style. :yep:

34 minutes ago, FlooK said:

Is it possible to do with the extractor + carbon filter outside the tent?

yes...

growspace - hose- inline filter  - hose - extractor - hose to outside air

Edited by DutchFox

Nice one fellas some really useful info. I've got a second tent I've setup recently in the loft and it's directly above the tent in the living room. Going to chop a hole in the ceiling and vent both tents together and move the filter and fan up there. Should get rid of the humid air and heat up the tent in the loft as well. Thanks very much feels like a solid solution

• 3 weeks later...

Late to the party but my rxperience as follows..

2m x 2m growspace, lined and insulated (to a degree) 

4 pot rdwc plus header in the room.

6 inch fans with carbon filter inside room.

25% negative pressure with active intake from inside a shaded building but not living space

3 250w tube heaters

Humidifier

Meaco 20l dehumidifier constant drain

All hooked up to a GAS enviro controller

Swing temp kept to max 4 degrees

Can control humidity to within 3 or 4 % of target day and night throughout the grow whether winter like now or the height of last year's summer 

Do get some spikes on transition from lights on to lights off but as long as you get the balance of fans / heaters / humidifier/dehumidifier right it's pretty well spot on 

The problem lays in getting that balance right and has taken me a few grows to get the best out of the GAS unit, setting bandwidths, negative pressures, fan speeds ...

I don't think there is a magic formula to get it right, trial and error has worked for me but it does get frustrating at times...

Try and get your intake from a dry source or at least drier than your living space which is already damp as you say.. outlet to a room that isn't your intake site preferably to outside. Keep your temps under control and hopefully you will reap some benefits

Good luck mate

• Like 1