Does Vaping make your place stink ? (maybe not as bad as smoking but still?)

vape_ninja

Hi guys , does anyone else think that vaping makes your place smell? not as bad as smoking obviously but i can imagine over time it accumulates on soft furnishings, i remember when i moved out of my nans id been vaping in one spot for 3 years generally exhaling left and at ceiling and there was a very slight tinge to that side of the ceiling

Im guessing the remedy to this issue would be to just use a small fan with a filter on it or something ? sounds stupid i know but i just prefer it not to smell because a. i have super smell sensitivity from a tick bite years ago and b. it helps disguise the fact i use to certain visitors i may have 

• Like 2

Yh smell can last if its not a well vented space  or lack of circulation. 

Can't u stand or sit near a open window I find that drastically helps as the vapour and weed smell dissipates quicker and squirt some nice room deodorizer after .

Funny that there was a yellow tinge but I seen on YT a joint VS vape test in comparison to human lungs 2 glass domes filled with white cotton the spliff one was blackened and tared right up after the 15 grams or whatever it was less than a OZ and then the same amount in a vape produced o minor amount of gack and oils slight blackened bit at point of entry.

So guess that vaping does produce particles that maybey arnt completely healthy but damn sight more than smoking.

I tried vaping into a carbon filter yh guess it works I prefer to stand in fresh air hate breaking in stale air indoors if vsping or smoking.

Edited by B-real

My bedroom only smell of vape for a bit after firing up the Dynavap bong, but it don't seem to stick around for to long, I have to go out and in my room many times a day due to being a carer so I'm not going nose blind lol

• Like 4

Just now, B-real said:

I seen on YT a joint VS vape test in comparison to human lungs 2 glass domes filled with white cotton the spliff one was blackened and tared right up after the 15 grams or whatever

not really comparable to how lungs work :stoned:

all the studies show weed has more tar but the equivalent smoke in say tobacco doesn’t have THC and the other cannabinoids which totally mitigate the tar and other carcinogenic contents, which is why cannabis has never been proven bad for your lungs even in long term massive studies..infact it’s quite a good lung protectorate because of its large smoke particles and effect on cells

I’ve never been told i smell of cannabis smoke ever after smoking a pure, different story if you smoke with tobacco 

the two smokes aren’t the same what so ever

dont know about vaping thats all new to me, but again, I vape quite a bit at work and nobody has ever said anything about retired smoke

i just don’t think canna smoke is that ‘sticky’ 

nobody that come in my room ever says it stinks of weed like the day after a smoke, if you have a sesh then it gets a funk on, but open a window and it goes, again not like baccy..

vapes might be different because of the temp it works at? I don’t really know

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Volcano vape stinks so much I end up running a carbon filter to scrub it so yeah vapes definitely stink. It's oil at the end of the day so it will stick to surfaces/fabrics and stay around for a while.

• Like 2

Just now, DeltaMelter said:

Volcano vape stinks so much I end up running a carbon filter to scrub it

is that the immediate/live smoke in session, rather than the retired after smell?

if you had a go on your vape in your gaff and then went for a stroll to a mates would you smell of retired weed smoke on your clothes do you think?

that’s interesting because i don’t think that’s ever happened to me ever in, probably over a decade of smoking pures daily 

as soon as i stopped mixing baccy any ‘smokey’ smell vanished 

so maybe it is a vape temp thing? less, burning off of terps? 

• Like 1

Woh so blunts are healthy hmmm there's me quiting pures only in favour of vaping to reduce benzene consumption and infact blunts are somewhat healthy.

Taste wise after vaping the volatile terpenes smoking just tastes like a camp fire ashes.

It might be to do with the volume though, I can easily vape 3g+ in a day so its likely part of it. I vape in the same room as my grow now as my wife was sick of the smell of the vape (she doesn't partake)

Perfect example - I walked into the pub yesterday afternoon and the landlord mentioned he could smell it - that was just on my clothes after vaping for a few hours beforehand (hes a good mate so it wasn't a problem - just making sure I didn't have any in my pocket etc). Depends on the strain though as some really carry - Ive had folks cross the street ask me what weed I had when Ive been smoking/vaping DiscoBiscuit.

I bet some of the smaller pen vapes aren;t as much of an issue but its a cloud of vapour oil so I guess it will stick!

• Like 2

If u vape in the open air nothing is left well in my case anyway biggest smell probz coming from my breath .

Until I drink a cuppa

Edited by B-real

57 minutes ago, DeltaMelter said:

Volcano vape stinks so much I end up running a carbon filter to scrub it so yeah vapes definitely stink. It's oil at the end of the day so it will stick to surfaces/fabrics and stay around for a while.

I run a ozone generator when i leave the room i vape an use the pc in, Uk420 n a Vape go together:stoned:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, B-real said:

Taste wise after vaping the volatile terpenes smoking just tastes like a camp fire ashes

i find that after hitting the vape, which doesn’t excite me because i love my joints! it was a shock but i’m used to it now

you still can’t beat that taste when you savor a fresh rolled pure joint of your own stuff before you light it.. delish (for me) 

dude the lung thing sends some people funny lol 

also like when you say “you know weeds non-toxic” lol 

Edited by twigs
  • Like 1

I vape a smoke blunts, if I could only have one it would be blunts.

I use these two types of Hemp blunt wraps for my daily blunt walks, I found these ones don't effect the taste of your weed that much and are very smooth.large.20230127_035234.jpg

• Like 1

I may have came across a bit cantankerous. 

For the first time in years I've not smoked any of my last crop to try.

Been defensive abit for my own reasons holding back.

Might just give each strain a smoke if only once.

But vaping is still a purer taste than smoking I always get a bad taste in my throat/mouth more than vsping.

Edited by B-real