science behind burp or no burp

grumpy1

Like most things in life theres a scientific reason for why we have to or have not to do something and in most cases we ignore it or try to beat the system lol   

For me , be it old habits / natural instinct / being too dumb to realise or too smart arse to care  ...hey at least im honest here lol   

Im a firm believer and strict practitioner of a regimented burping & curing process on my bud ,  if for nothing else other than  i have spent months caring for the plants in order to produce the best i can and would be doing the plant and the bud an injustice but not having it in the best condition i can for consumption.

A strict burp regime & a minimum 3 month cure before i would use any or share it.   

So i shall continue to ignore science and do what i do :george:     

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zen-ken said:

Did you read it ?

Where did it say 'burping' was a myth ?? I read quite the opposite 

the rh climbs right back to where it was before burping and ethylene is for ripening so do you want to release it or keep in the jars exactly for that purpose…there is a podcast and that is what she says there is no definite yes or no to burping but there is no data that it will do anything….she says the same thing about flushing. 

because cannabis is still so unknown many things we do are because some grower some time said flushing is good and necessary but we never flush our tomatoes or any other fruit so why cannabis ? Where the science behind that ? 

Edited by grumpy1

26 minutes ago, grumpy1 said:

we never flush our tomatoes or any other fruit so why cannabis

I thought it was cos ya smoke cannabis, its the left over excess minerals that are harsh on the throat, & ya eat fruit so dont notice?

maybe thats wrong its just a guess

mystic

• Like 2

I cant see the link.... is it the RX industry, blind taste video ?

(I gave up 'flushing' years ago....no-one noticed lollol

2 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

I turn my jars upside down and ‘fart’ them :) 

You could go on step further and fart in the jars…… love gas…..exciting and new (sung to the theme of love boat)

• Like 4

Just now, mysticriver said:

I thought it was cos ya smoke cannabis, its the left over excess minerals that are harsh on the throat, & ya eat fruit so dont notice?

maybe thats wrong its just a guess

mystic

We are better off following the cigar or cigarette industries here tbf with their 100 odd years of research into smoking.....preferably use some of the high end cigar techniques if you're smoking the flower.

:yep:  

(ie cut the nitrogen towards the end but keep the rest nice and high...see slownickel on instascam or Athena Fade) 

• Like 2

It’s all he say she say with no data backing it up. All guesses that is why some burp and some don’t some flush and others dont.

this grow I burp one jar and left one close for a month. No difference 

there is no right or wrong because we all do this thing with no knowledge we just do it because others did it….

If you got £30 spare sometime I'd recommend buying a vac packer grumpy1 (@ not working). I used to store my weed in jars and tubs after it had been dried but my mate came around with some lovely weed which turns out was some I'd given him but vac packed. His was way nicer imo. Done it ever since.

• Like 4