Electric bud trimmers

doominik

Hi

I have to do all trimming on my own now and it's really the most boring and time consuming part of the process. 

Has anyone used electric bud trimmers? I know they are not cheap but if the do a half good job I would probably invest in one.

I prefer dry trimming btw

For dry trimming I've heard a lot of good things about trim bags, they seem a bit rough to me, but I suppose not any more than any other trimmer.

I bought a generic trimbag a couple of weeks ago for eighty quid, never dry trimmed before but this thing works really well

providing the leaf material is bone dry, plenty of trim to process afterwards, no sticky fingers or scissors, well pleased...:yep:

• Like 3

Used a Kermith years ago it did the job of you used on semi dry colas otherwise it gummed up every cola tbh was a pita. I also have bonsai hero trimmers and don’t use them as it’s not much quicker imho. 

1 hour ago, MindSoup said:

For dry trimming I've heard a lot of good things about trim bags, they seem a bit rough to me, but I suppose not any more than any other trimmer.

35 minutes ago, stu914 said:

I bought a generic trimbag a couple of weeks ago for eighty quid, never dry trimmed before but this thing works really well

providing the leaf material is bone dry, plenty of trim to process afterwards, no sticky fingers or scissors, well pleased...:yep:

another +1 for trim bags. They've got their pros and cons, they work best with certain kinds of buds, stuff thats pretty rounded anyway, like Stardawg, I wouldn't dream of putting something a bit fingery like Super Silver Haze through one otherwise there wouldn't be anything left lol but on the whole they're great, I can completely trim a kilo to a very high standard in about 1.5 hours with the trim bag - it would probably take me about 16 hours to do that by hand. They're not too rough as long as you aren't too rough, I like to do 10 shakes and a riddle and then check to see where its at - generally after 10 - 20 shakes its ready to go once over with the scissors to get rid of any "crows feet". 

• Like 4

I'm no being funny but I tried my old beard trimmer and took the guard off it. It was only about 1"wide but it manages to trim off the dry leaves and what was a novelty on a night shift with trimming scissors I manages to get done in half the time lol

.I hate trimming now and I'm doing a wet trim this time and ive already started and I've no even chopped her yet but I am in week 9 

I love my trimbag, I was silly and bought the expensive one, it's so basic that I'm sure the rip offs are just as good. 

As already said the buds have to be very dry and not open structured ones like hazes. It still does a bit to them but they need finishing by hand if you want a good job. Some bits just take 20 turns and boom they're done. 

Saves so much time! 

Edited by KC
Hazes not gazes
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, doominik said:

Hi

I have to do all trimming on my own now and it's really the most boring and time consuming part of the process. 

Has anyone used electric bud trimmers? I know they are not cheap but if the do a half good job I would probably invest in one.

I prefer dry trimming btw

try a spinpro....if you like it...you can make it electric

the spinpro reduces the work enormously.....especially outdoor weed which have more leaves...

dont waste your money i bought 1 for £150   + its fuking useless lol  it chucked shaved up leaf`s all over the gaff and was useless :beer:

Edited by thekingofobsolete
spelling
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, thekingofobsolete said:

dont waste your money i bought 1 for £150   + its fuking useless lol  it chucked shaved up leaf`s all over the gaff and was useless :beer:

Youre supposed to zip it up ya fucking donut lol

• Like 3

I need to try something-it takes forever to trim all the buds (I normally grow 10 plants at the time). 

I'll give trim bag a try 

• Like 1