Nutrient mix lifespan

Aphatspliff

Just gone over to coco from organics, I understand you can keep a nutrient mix solution for much longer than organics. I would always knock up fresh every time but coco a bit more faffing around with ph and ec so how long would I be able to safely store a solution for without having to set up air stones etc? Is a week a bit too long sat in a bucket with lid on? Also will the ph drift much? 

Cheers

I'd imagine it varies from nute to nute tbh.

I use the greenhouse seeds mineral line and they say you can keep it mixed up ready to go for a couple of weeks, I haven't ever left it that long but it's pretty stable for 4/5 days from personal experience, it's a powdered feed so an e.c pen or truncheon and a set of digi's come in handy for getting it mixed.

:yinyang:

• Like 1

If it's not too warm - say 20c max - I'd say you'd be fine leaving it sat for a week in a bucket with no issues. Wouldnt like to try that in warmer weather though

• Like 1

I used canna coco A and B in autopot tank last summer in loft. Topped up only when tank was almost empty roughly every 5-6 days with temps +30C/+32C. Girls did well and no nutes were binned. 

• Like 1

Nice one lads. Using GA base feeds, extra traces and root tonic. I’ll double the check the ph each time I use it to be safe

Nasty bugs like still, low-oygen conditions and open-air solutions invite those bugs. Keeping the water moving as suggested by owderb will preferentially favour the oxygen-loving good ones that ae in there with the endemic pythium and fusarium spores.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Aphatspliff said:

Cheers boys. I’ll get my self an air stone and pump to be safe then, don’t want any problems :mellow:

You'll be better off using water pump rather than air pump which will cause ph fluctuations. Run it 15mins every two hours is ok though never used one and had no any problems