a quick run

chilled artist

as we all are, looking to do a quick run of an auto or 2.

auto gelato or auto candy kush

what would be your best bet for a quick run??

• Like 1

Necer done auto but have about 6 different strains off seedstockers and a gelato 41 in there that I'm thinking of cracking 

What do you call a quick run? 

• Like 1

I doubt there will be much between them mate ,  both prob listed as a  9 to 10wk on paper  ,  have a look at how they lean and take your pick accordingly.

I did Paniks Auto Gelato & Auto Mazar in the garden ,  the Mazar was done & down before the gleato but the gelato was rather nice  with big flavour & pokey :yep:

What breeder you looking at ? 

• Like 1

Please get quick out your head lol

You need to be flexible cos these girls sure ain't. Check the breeders advised times, then add a week to ten days.

I know it's easy to get too eager but patience is a virtue trust me

• Like 1

Autos will usually start flowering around 5 or 6 weeks from seed. Depending on the strain, they'll usually flower for another 5 or 6 weeks, but some will flower longer. Most strains will take 11 or 12 weeks seed to harvest. XL strains will take a fair bit longer than that.

When you decide to chop will depend what effect you're after. If you chop earlier, the buds won't be as fat but you'll get a more "up" high. leave them longer and you get maximum yield and more couchlock.

You can speed things up slightly by using a longer light schedule. 20/4 allows a dark period, 24/0 gives faster vegetative growth but may delay flowering depending on the strain. 18/6 will take longer. You can combine the light schedules, so you might do the first month on 24/0 to maximise veg, then cut to 20/4 for early flower, then cut again to 18/6 for late flower. Remember that the lights need to be more intense/closer  when they are on for a shorter time, and vice versa.

As has been said, anything that says 9 weeks is really 11.. anything that says XL is 14 weeks. 

My Gorilla Glue Auto at 5.5 weeks:

large_gg.jpg

My Cream Mandy XL auto at 5.5 weeks:
large_cm2.jpg

same age,.. night and day difference. 

Edited by latitude54
  • Like 3

The very best of luck with them sir.    

The timings that the breeders quote will be based on a grow that was optimum conditions , treat it as a guideline and then add some time to it.  

At the end of the day shes done when shes done , why rush her or chop early , doing the plant and yourself an injustice :yep:   

Easy does it.   

• Like 4

Cheers all,  i'm kinda past that "keeping days/score.... i just let them run until chop day... they're ready when they're ready

happy growing everybody

• Like 1