problem with pH

Hydro42

hi,
 I have a problem with the pH, during the day it drops from 6.0 to 4.7, since I switched to flowering.
 I use the Shogun series for soft water (RO), in addition, I only gave canna boost and the pH drops terribly quickly, I didn't have such a problem in vegetation.
 I even gave a higher dose of silicone to boost them, but after a few hours it drops again. I tried to add pH plus, but the EC increases, sometimes even up to 3.0.
 Water temperature around 18/20 degrees.

Do you know what could be the reason?

Let the pH roll from 5.5 to 6.5, then correct it back to the first number in a cyclic fashion. You won't hold pH steady. As you let it rise, the pH becomes briefly optimal for each nutrient. Change your water after 10 days and start again. Repeat. Total ec wants to be about 1.2ish.

Edited by catweazle1
  • Like 1

Lower you feeds,drop the silicon now your in flower.

Feeds are generally on the acidic side,to pu it simply your plants are drinking more water than feed making the nutrient solution stronger and stronger which in turn lowers your ph

With the right amount of food at the right times you should be able to maintain a fairly stable ph

This is if your in a water based system such as nft or dwc

Edited by stu sleeper 20vt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, stu sleeper 20vt said:

Lower you feeds,drop the silicon now your in flower.

Feeds are generally on the acidic side,to pu it simply your plants are drinking more water than feed making the nutrient solution stronger and stronger which in turn lowers your ph

With the right amount of food at the right times you should be able to maintain a fairly stable ph

This is if your in a water based system such as nft or dwc

I have EC 2.2, will add water to lower it to 1.6.

I will disconnect the co2 and the closed circuit, because the dehumidifier is constantly running and maybe that's why there are such problems

• 1 month later...
On 24/01/2023 at 6:38 PM, Hydro42 said:

I have EC 2.2, will add water to lower it to 1.6.

I will disconnect the co2 and the closed circuit, because the dehumidifier is constantly running and maybe that's why there are such problems

Hi,

You still havent said what system you are using, dwc, rdwc, etc. This info would help alot.

Your ec way too high, could def hurt the plants and load up buds with nutes you dont want in them when you smoke them.

Also you mention CO2... If you are using a compressor for air stones that is in the room then you are probably pumping co2 through your water, co2 is heavier than air and will sink to floor of grow room. If this is the case then you are making your water into Carbonic acid which will lower your PH pretty dam quick!

Let us know the full system and any other info and the answers will be easier to find for you.

• Like 4

4 godziny temu planterzy powiedzieli:

Hi,

You still havent said what system you are using, dwc, rdwc, etc. This info would help alot.

Your ec way too high, could def hurt the plants and load up buds with nutes you dont want in them when you smoke them.

Also you mention CO2... If you are using a compressor for air stones that is in the room then you are probably pumping co2 through your water, co2 is heavier than air and will sink to floor of grow room. If this is the case then you are making your water into Carbonic acid which will lower your PH pretty dam quick!

Let us know the full system and any other info and the answers will be easier to find for you.

Hi,
 I use rdwc, currently the pH is stable (closed system plants drank more water, high temperature 33*, water is cooled to 20 degrees), I kept the EC at 1.6/1.8, now I want to go down to 1.5 (pH 5.8/6.0).
 I resigned from the closed system, but still it gives co2 (at the level of 800ppm), temperature around 27 degrees, I have a problem with humidity (65/70%), but soon I will give a bigger dehumidifier, I'm thinking about defoliating the leaves, but I don't want them either  already stressed, what would you advise me?
 Plants blocked, a month passed before they started to bloom, how to add photos here?  I tried to paste the link but I get an error
 I now use Ghe Lukas formula fertilizers (I use RO water, buffer it with Calmag or is it unnecessary with these fertilizers?)

silicon 1ml/l Shogun
 calmag 0.5ml/l ghe ghe bloom 4 ml/l
 ghe micro 2ml/l
 vitamins hesi super vit
 carboload 2ml/l
 enzymes 1.5ml/l Shogun
 Bio bloom 0.2ml/l

I thank you in advance

8 hours ago, Hydro42 said:

Hi,
 I use rdwc, currently the pH is stable (closed system plants drank more water, high temperature 33*, water is cooled to 20 degrees), I kept the EC at 1.6/1.8, now I want to go down to 1.5 (pH 5.8/6.0).
 I resigned from the closed system, but still it gives co2 (at the level of 800ppm), temperature around 27 degrees, I have a problem with humidity (65/70%), but soon I will give a bigger dehumidifier, I'm thinking about defoliating the leaves, but I don't want them either  already stressed, what would you advise me?
 Plants blocked, a month passed before they started to bloom, how to add photos here?  I tried to paste the link but I get an error
 I now use Ghe Lukas formula fertilizers (I use RO water, buffer it with Calmag or is it unnecessary with these fertilizers?)

silicon 1ml/l Shogun
 calmag 0.5ml/l ghe ghe bloom 4 ml/l
 ghe micro 2ml/l
 vitamins hesi super vit
 carboload 2ml/l
 enzymes 1.5ml/l Shogun
 Bio bloom 0.2ml/l

I thank you in advance

Wow!! That is a lot of additives going into your plants!! No wonder your EC is so high....

I honestly dont know what half of that lot is even for but I'm sure there are some on here that do and will chip in later.

First off your humidity at 65 to 70% shouldn't be a problem until later in flowering stage as long as you have decent air movement in the grow space. Obviously later flowering stage can cause issues with bud rot so needs to be tamed by then. However, I am assuming that the dehumidifier is inside the room as its a sealed system and that will just keep adding more heat whilst it dries your air especially a bigger one.

I haven't tried a sealed system but have considered it although the results with additional CO2 really do depend on everything else being 100% enviro and nutrient wise... If I did go that route then I really think the only way to go would be to use a split Air Con unit to keep the temps and humidity under control. But its anoother expense and the results may not warrant that. I dont think it is the holy grail of weed growing that many think it is

As for all these Nutes... I just dont know. My feed schedules seem very simple in comparison. Tap water, not RO. I use GHE Flora trio for hard water, silicon in veg only, once into flower drop it, and recently the addition of mono Magnesium as I believe my tap water is deficient in this. Other than that its just Silver Bullets to keep any nasties out even though I use a chiller for my water temps, steady at 20 - 21 degrees. I grow 4 plants at a time and average 150 to 225g per plant, not record breaking but its all for personal use (and the rest of my clan) so suits my needs, no plant manipulation just a few haircuts along the way although next grow will be my first SCROG so that will be interesting

I dont even know if some of that nute load is even suitable for RDWC, anything with "Bio" in its name has always been avoided by me as I have read a lot of disaster stories regarding organic compounds in Hydro.... Again, do some research, ask specific questions and there will be guys and girls on this forum that can help you out 

Usually once you take everything out of the water with RO filtration you will need to add CalMag but again I dont know what these "Extras" have in them so that is down to you to find out if they are already laced with Calcium and Magnesium in sufficient quantities to add back in what you have taken out.

Adding pics isnt so hard, a good tutorial here for that.

Help for new comers uploading to uk420 - New Members - UK420

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your set up and plants

Good luck

• Like 5

On 2.03.2023 at 7:14 AM, plantters said:

Wow!! That is a lot of additives going into your plants!! No wonder your EC is so high....

I honestly dont know what half of that lot is even for but I'm sure there are some on here that do and will chip in later.

First off your humidity at 65 to 70% shouldn't be a problem until later in flowering stage as long as you have decent air movement in the grow space. Obviously later flowering stage can cause issues with bud rot so needs to be tamed by then. However, I am assuming that the dehumidifier is inside the room as its a sealed system and that will just keep adding more heat whilst it dries your air especially a bigger one.

I haven't tried a sealed system but have considered it although the results with additional CO2 really do depend on everything else being 100% enviro and nutrient wise... If I did go that route then I really think the only way to go would be to use a split Air Con unit to keep the temps and humidity under control. But its anoother expense and the results may not warrant that. I dont think it is the holy grail of weed growing that many think it is

As for all these Nutes... I just dont know. My feed schedules seem very simple in comparison. Tap water, not RO. I use GHE Flora trio for hard water, silicon in veg only, once into flower drop it, and recently the addition of mono Magnesium as I believe my tap water is deficient in this. Other than that its just Silver Bullets to keep any nasties out even though I use a chiller for my water temps, steady at 20 - 21 degrees. I grow 4 plants at a time and average 150 to 225g per plant, not record breaking but its all for personal use (and the rest of my clan) so suits my needs, no plant manipulation just a few haircuts along the way although next grow will be my first SCROG so that will be interesting

I dont even know if some of that nute load is even suitable for RDWC, anything with "Bio" in its name has always been avoided by me as I have read a lot of disaster stories regarding organic compounds in Hydro.... Again, do some research, ask specific questions and there will be guys and girls on this forum that can help you out 

Usually once you take everything out of the water with RO filtration you will need to add CalMag but again I dont know what these "Extras" have in them so that is down to you to find out if they are already laced with Calcium and Magnesium in sufficient quantities to add back in what you have taken out.

Adding pics isnt so hard, a good tutorial here for that.

Help for new comers uploading to uk420 - New Members - UK420

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your set up and plants

Good luck

Hi,
  withdrawn from closed but
  I still use co2, because it is responsible for the tightness, the gas level drops to 100ppm, currently it gives 800ppm.
  I put in a reduced dehumidifier, I can control it with the application, it shows me 53% humidity, the INKBIRD sensor is 65, why such a damage?
  The dehumidifier hangs on a belt halfway up the plants, the INKBIRD sensor above the buds.
  What doses of fertilizers do you use?
  My working EC is 1.7 (I have to add some water to increase it) it jumped a bit up, it's probably because of this dehumidifier, because I stick to an additional source, the higher water evaporates, am I wrong?
  attach photos, but it keeps telling me that the file is too large, even after additional cropping of the photos

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/03/2023 at 11:22 AM, Hydro42 said:

Hi,
  withdrawn from closed but
  I still use co2, because it is responsible for the tightness, the gas level drops to 100ppm, currently it gives 800ppm.
  I put in a reduced dehumidifier, I can control it with the application, it shows me 53% humidity, the INKBIRD sensor is 65, why such a damage?
  The dehumidifier hangs on a belt halfway up the plants, the INKBIRD sensor above the buds.
  What doses of fertilizers do you use?
  My working EC is 1.7 (I have to add some water to increase it) it jumped a bit up, it's probably because of this dehumidifier, because I stick to an additional source, the higher water evaporates, am I wrong?
  attach photos, but it keeps telling me that the file is too large, even after additional cropping of the photos

My Nutes are General Hydroponics flora trio now known as Terra Aquatica

Below is the base nute quantities I use. I drop silicon at end of first week of flower and also add Mag at 1ml PL throughout now. 

Other than that they get nothing more, no root extras, no bloom enhancers... 

This chart is a modified version of Nebula Haze's DWC schedule on GWE

large.625443f01ae9c_GHEFeedChartmodified120L2022.jpg