solvent soup.

BilgePump

We've just been given a syringe full of "feco"

large.63cb002d44d1c_DSC_03132.JPG

There's the offending article.

It's fuckin rank, took the cap off and a load of green iso dribbled out .... First indicator that it's shady.

For science I tasted a ⅕ rice grain sized blob (I say blob , it's runny) and if I'm completely honest I wish I hadn't.

Zero weed taste , like not even slightly. It was all solvent chemical burn on the pallette and had me running for toothpaste and mouthwash almost instantaneously (save for the split second of realisation I'd eaten raw rubbing alcohol and the immediate gag reflex).

We did not pay for this which in itself is another alarm bell but tbh I hope to fuck people aren't using it as medicine.

Now the questiony bit but I'm fully expecting the answer to be no.

Is this noxious gunk salvageable?

I've rescued shady bho I've been given previously by completing the purge whilst decarboxylating and scatting it in edibles.

This however I get a headache just thinking about it, I feel like I'd still get solvent soup.

Basically if anyone has any suggestions to keep this out of the bin I'm all ears (maybe a topical application?)

Mrs Pump suggested that we give it back but tbh I wouldn't want it getting recirculated.

Thanks in advance guys

ATB BilgePump

:yinyang:

• Like 4

Your FECO sounds like it was not fully purged.  Do you know what solvent was used to extract it?  

The color also suggests it was a polar extraction and is full of chlorophyll, which can create gastric disturbances in some brothers and sisters.  

I would start by redissolving it into 190 proof ethanol and letting it sit in bright sunlight or UV lamps until the green chlorophyll deprotonates into brown pheophytin, and then sticking it in the freezer for 24 hours to let it precipitate out the plant waxes, et al. 

I would then filter out what falls out of solution before sticking it in a hot vegetable oil bath at 250F to cook off the alcohol and decarboxylate it.

It is never going to be tasty, but that should make it at least safe and useable.

• Like 11

@Graywolf That sounds like a lot of work for 10ml but it's good to know there's a way to salvage oil like this , and yeah it's absolutely not purged properly and I have absolutely no idea what solvent was used, I strongly suspect it wasn't food grade.

56 minutes ago, Slippy One said:

Bin it. 

As much as I try to justify a weekend pissing around trying to recover this I keep coming back to that conclusion, it's no real loss.

• Like 3

Grease proof paper baking tray deposit gunk 150° 20mins, once ovens up to heat, watch for the large bubbles of purging solvent then the tiny tiny decarb bubbles,  once bubbles stop take it out and fridge it for a bit, then put some in a capsule to test but only if you're confident with your purge.  Hope you find a doable way 

When making RSO the last part of the evaporation is the most important. So your 10ml of liquid could be anything really?

I use the double boiler method, one saucepan sat in a saucepan of water, heating this up on a electric burner (no nakid flames please) so the water is not boiling and teh pan with the extract is boiling inside that larger water pan.

Just keep it in there untill no further bubbles come off.

But if your 10ml turns out to be 1ml of concentrate, that will just be a smear across the bottom of the pan.

I would bin it as you dont know exactly how made ( badly) Make your own imho if poss:yinyang:

Edited by Personunknown
  • Like 2

I don't even know who made it, I'm certain the guy who gave it to me didn't make it.

If I'm honest it was pretty much destined for the bin from the moment I took the cap off but I thought I'd check just in case

I always treat these things with skeptical caution but this is actually grim stuff indeed , I'll stick with my own bubble hash rosin... only contamination in that is cat hair lol

Isopropyl is for cleaning glassware and dissolving mealybugs around here.

• Like 2

I'm with the bin it crew..being as you don't really know how its been made and what solvent was used its not worth the agg..the fact it cost fuk all and seems very badly made the bin is where it belongs @BilgePump 

I'm not sure I'd take any canna related product off anyone ever again..much safer to make our own :yep:

Edited by Revive
  • Like 2

@Slippy One Yer probably fair spot on there tbh.

As you can see from my wording from the outset I've been less than convinced about its providence, it's in the bin :yep:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Isopropyl is for cleaning glassware and dissolving mealybugs around here.

As long as fully purged iso is ok , ive used it and ethanol, only diff is if purge aint bang on you just get a little drunk i guess rather than poss ill  or worse with iso:yinyang: