Carbon Filter stored in wet room

purepotstill

Hi everyone,

was wondering if I should change my carbon filter. It's a small model, from a Spanish store brand (ie not a top notch one). Made two grows with it without a smell, but it has stayed in the garage where my tent is since my last grow one year and a half ago. My garage is damp (around 70% humidity in winter).

Should I change it ? Got a nice Mountain Air stored inside my house, but I don't want to throw some gear for nothing.

• Like 1

The fact you're asking indicates to me you're not confident in the shop brand filter so trust your judgement and get the mountain air set up , as mentioned you will not regret it.

:yinyang:

• Like 4

As per previous advice, put the new one on & immediately get another as a spare (fuck, I learnt that lesson hard). 

I'm tight though & I'd dry the used one out, try it while in veg, monitor it daily & continue into flower if all seems fine. Keep the replacement handy & replace as soon as your nose tells you too. 

• Like 4

No point in using the mountain air if the other still has life in it - stick it on the radiator or on a sunny windowsill to dry it out before using.

If its no good, youll soon smell it - plus when it does give up the ghost its simple affair to refill.

I did a little write up when I refilled mine.

• Like 3

I got a cheap 4" ram that ive been using since August 2021, I bought a backup as they are dirt cheap(£25 at the time) on the big river site but this fist one has lasted way longer than expected going non stop since I installed it.

But like said above it's always a good idea to have a second one on standby, because coming home at 10pm to find your yard stinking of weed and it being to late to order and new one for the next day from most places is worrying, thank god for the big river that night had i filter delivered in the morning lol

Edited by Military Grade
  • Like 2