Too many old PC's..

Slippy One

@Slippy One Hold out man! prices are already falling but they wont be back to the old levels anytime soon - if ever. In some ways Nvidia really fucked themselves over with the 1080 and the 1080Ti as they were such good cards for the money. At the time it seemed expensive but I hung on to mine until last weekend so it served me very well from 2018 until now.

The 20XX series was meh in comparison and thanks to crypto/covid the 30XX series ended up overpriced so I skipped both but it was a significant performance uplift vs the 20XX so they still sold well. The 40XX are good cards and they beat the 30XX series across the board and are more power efficient too but the pricing is mad.

I needed a new card though and the new 7900's from AMD were a let-down so back to team green I went....

I did see the 7900 XTX's has poor thermals. Seems like the value of the 4090's over the next 5-6 years should be good enough to justify the costs, but still a hard pill to swallow at 1700 squids to fly over Manhattan at more than 60pfs.. 

Nvidia experience software is superior to the AMD version in my experience so def no AMD for me. 

If you are prepared to lose a fair bit of dosh and are near a branch, C.E.X. test and then buy kit off you or allow you to exchange it for other gear (you get a lot more back that way).

• Like 1