Now what's wrong!?

latitude54

Having been treating one of my gorilla glue autos with epsom salts,.. I seem to have missed something else going wrong..

Any ideas on what the hell this is and how to fix it would be gratefully received. 

large_gg5.jpglarge_gg3.jpglarge_gg4.jpg

@Cursed I've not noticed any mites in the tent and the other plant in there (Cream Mandy XL Auto) seems fine? 

@zen-ken Only spray it's had was a solution of Epsom salts last week. Feed wise (per L), 1/3 tsp of epsom salts, 2ml Intense grow, 1ml Intense Bloom. Again, this is exactly the same as the other plant in the tent, which is showing no issues. 

Edited by latitude54

The foliar epsom is causing an imbalance and disrupted uptake. I don't know what dry measures in epsom equate to for ppm. I use Cana mono liquid to get more accurate measures. You need a 3:1 ratio in early flower. Without correctly balanced water your micro and macro nutrient uptake will be off. It's about ion exchange. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

The foliar epsom is causing an imbalance and disrupted uptake.

Thanks for spotting this. How do I move forward to resolve this? Should I stop adding Epsom salts to the liquid feeds for this plant? 

You need to hit that ratio ideally. 

Why were you administrating ES in the first place? 

Chk your water supplier first & if information is inadequate consider having your water analysed. 

10 minutes ago, Goodbloke said:

Why were you administrating ES in the first place? 

The plant was showing a deficiency that was identified as possible magnesium deficiency. http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/425125-probably-nitrogen-deficiency/ The recommended solution was Epsom Salts in the feed and also an initial foliar spray. I only sprayed the plant once on 12th Jan and since then have been adding 1/3 teaspoon per L to each feed. 

• Like 1

Did you use RO water for your Epsom foliar? Looks a bit like residue from unfilled water likely calcium.

I wouldn't be spraying that while in flower too, I use Epsom in my feeds instead of spraying, ¼Teaspoon mixed with 3L of water every feed, yes I'm winging without knowing my exact water levels it but it works lol (I live in a very hard water area)

• Like 3

Just now, Military Grade said:

Did you use RO water for your Epsom foliar? Looks a bit like residue from unfilled water likely calcium.

Umm.... Just plain old tap water I'm afraid. 

• Like 1

Just for clarity, its not the white residue I'm concerned about.. it's the really yellow looking patches and veins. 

2 hours ago, latitude54 said:

Just for clarity, its not the white residue I'm concerned about.. it's the really yellow looking patches and veins. 

The yellowing on new growth is a lack of N caused by a shortage of Ca. Ca and Mg have a magic ratio that allows for top Ion exchange. This ratio is 3:1 . If I remember rightly your water is more like 14:1. 

Just chucking some mg with no real accurate measure is going to cause more issues and deficiencies. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Oldbear said:

The yellowing on new growth is a lack of N caused by a shortage of Ca. Ca and Mg have a magic ratio that allows for top Ion exchange. This ratio is 3:1 . If I remember rightly your water is more like 14:1. 

Just chucking some mg with no real accurate measure is going to cause more issues and deficiencies. 

so by over dosing the plant with Mg (Epsom Salt) I’ve actually caused a shortage of Ca.. thus a lack of N? 

So the obvious solution would be to stop feeding the plant Mg and re-balance the soil. Would a plain water feed for a couple of days be a good move then start back on neutes?