What do i do?

ThailandTony

My big bud is 8 weeks and a day and suddenly today its gone all brown and rusty. I zoomed in and it's the trichomes making the leaves look brown. Now its on the tips of the flowers too.

Its had nothing but water for 5 days and only organic seaweed for a week before that.

Is it ok to put it in the dark for 24 hrs and chop it?

what do you think?

large.63c89eafcb223_day57.jpg

large.63c91916f13c0_day575pm.jpglarge.63c91919a0d28_day575pmb.jpg

Edited by ThailandTony

@ThailandTony

After 5 days with no feed they will start to do what you are seeing, they look to be ready enough to chop although I would leave them another week but that’s your call. There is not really any need to “flush” with plain water for a week before you chop if you are using organic feed just taper down towards the end to about 1ml per L of water till the end. 

I say skip the 24 hrs darkness before you chop too as it won’t do anything. 

:smokin:

Edited by lildaveham
@
  • Like 5

Thanks for the help, I'll leave it a bit longer then and play it by day. Close up on the buds the trichomes are still quite milky.

I just done want to leave it too long and fuck it up

2 hours ago, ThailandTony said:

My big bud is 8 weeks and a day and suddenly today its gone all brown and rusty. I zoomed in and it's the trichomes making the leaves look brown. Now its on the tips of the flowers too.

Its had nothing but water for 5 days and only organic seaweed for a week before that.

Is it ok to put it in the dark for 24 hrs and chop it?

what do you think?

large.63c89eafcb223_day57.jpg

large.63c91916f13c0_day575pm.jpglarge.63c91919a0d28_day575pmb.jpg

looks quite nice bro that

mystic

• Like 3

In the last pic there shows some leaves that are facing upwards and twisted , give those a little tug if they come away easily could be a sign of some early rot . If they come away easy I’d chop that bud after covering it up to avoid spreading spores . I’m not saying it is rot just of I see leaves doing that usually means rot . 

• Like 2

That bud could have been up against the sidewall of the tent given all the twisted bits are on one side but I'm inclined to agree with @Arthur Mix And check just to be on the safe side :yep:

:yinyang:

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BilgePump said:

The more ambers you have the more sedative the effects will be

Excellent, I'll go for that then. It looks really savage this morning, I'll get some more pics on in a bit. Just woke up here and had a combo of Ak47 and  super skunk pipes :-)

It's all legal here now

6 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

In the last pic there shows some leaves that are facing upwards and twisted

Isn't that what happens when the plant has finished and about to die?

Umm, its all like that, but the leaves dont pull out.

I'm growing in a 25 degree aircon room min 24 max 28 with lots of blowing around.