Expanding Grow Space

Caly

Hi All,

I'm looking to increase my grow space size to fit more plants in my space for spring & summer grows. I currently have an 6" intake and 10" exhaust fans so I would like to know if these fans are still good enough for the increased air exchange size I will need. I've inputted the grow space data into the grow room tools on this website and it's recommending as a minium I need 726m3/hr with carbon filter and ducting, the exhaust I have is 860m3/hr, is this enough or should I upgrade to the 250mm L that's 1080m3/hr? Or even bigger than that?

Thanks

I had a 1.2 x 1.2 veg tent venting to a 1.2 x 1.2 flower tent, venting to another 1.2 x 1.2 flower tent, venting to a 2.4 x 1.2 flower tent running a ten inch filter on a ten inch fan.

I had no smell leaks at all.

I just turned the fans up with each tent that was vented to and made sure there was negative pressure in each tent.

I vented outside during the Summer, but in the Winter I vented into the house, it kept the house warm and toasty.

• Like 2

Hi @Caly what lights are you running and what space have you got? The air exchange is the minimum air exchange but you might struggle to keep your temps down in the summer depending on what lights you use and the size of your grow space. Also, where do you get your intake air from? 

Edited by Stoner McStoneface
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stoner McStoneface said:

what lights are you running and what space have you got?

2 x 600w HPS in 3 x 2.4 x 2.4

Edited by Caly

8 hours ago, Bruce Lee said:

but in the Winter I vented into the house, it kept the house warm and toasty.

do you get any black mould from the damp air? 

• Like 2

@Caly I'm sure with a 10" fan you should be able to control your temperatures for most of the year mate :yep:

If you can, try and bring your air in from inside in the winter where its a bit warmer 

Edited by Stoner McStoneface
Added the bit about warmer air in winter
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Stoner McStoneface said:

If you can, try and bring your air in from inside in the winter where its a bit warmer 

Thanks mate, I grow in a log cabin so drawing from outside is my only option I think?

22 hours ago, Bruce Lee said:

but in the Winter I vented into the house, it kept the house warm and toasty.

14 hours ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

If yer gonna do this you best deploy a dehumidifier. Listen to bob. You’ll end up with that black shit. I need new windows in my house. Gets damp where the windows and wall meet. At this time of year especially I bleach all my windows and surrounding areas religiously. Once that shit pops up it’s like a zombie. You have to shoot the cunt right through the head to kill it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeydoughnut said:

If yer gonna do this you best deploy a dehumidifier. Listen to bob. You’ll end up with that black shit. I need new windows in my house. Gets damp where the windows and wall meet. At this time of year especially I bleach all my windows and surrounding areas religiously. Once that shit pops up it’s like a zombie. You have to shoot the cunt right through the head to kill it. 

Depending on the size of the house, temperature and the amount of moisture i recon a dehumidifier might even struggle! 

iv looked into DIY Ventilation heat recovery which i want to try at somepoint, i hate the idea of getting rid of all that warm air! you get the useful heat but the moisture is removed.  

Have you checked your windows are properly sealed all the way round? iv had water ingress before which i thought was condensation related. 

• Like 1

The dehumidifier I use for growing clears my landing stairs n hallway easily. You’d be surprised. Knocks some heat out too.

The windows are fucked mate. I suppose could refurbish them but I got a nice house in a nice area for cheap coz it was fucked. Quote for windows was 10k +/- lol I grew up in a shitty council estate. So I always wanted my own spot. Away from twats and police sirens. Not all plain sailing though is it. The days of just ringing the council up to fix shit … I’m beginning to miss them lol 

2 minutes ago, mikeydoughnut said:

Knocks some heat out too.

The windows are fucked mate. I suppose could refurbish them but I got a nice house in a nice area for cheap coz it was fucked. Quote for windows was 10k +/- lol I grew up in a shitty council estate. So I always wanted my own spot. Away from twats and police sirens. Not all plain sailing though is it. The days of just ringing the council up to fix shit … I’m beginning to miss them lol 

Do you have a constant drain on the dehumidifier? 

Im the exact same matelol are they old single glazed timber windows? Thats what you want in a house is a project, every time you fix something its only adding value. 

I just splashed out 7k on new windows, backdoor and front door on a 2 bed house. The house is alot warmer now too, heating comes on less. 

Owning my own place was the only time i ever said id start a grow, so i did. i couldnt do the whole landlord visit etc. Not allowed to modify anything, if i want to core drill a big whole in the side of my house i can! 

If you are missing the council thats Stockholm syndromelol

• Like 1

lol call me Bjorn lol 

Yeah I know what you mean. It just takes time. I’ve been on me own a few years now and a bit hand to mouth at the moment. But once I chop on Saturday the big flower tent is staying off as long as I can manage so I can start putting money away and invest it in this place. It’s hardly the adams family house like but new windows and roof would be nice. 

Yer reyt though. Nice being king of the castle :) 

19 hours ago, Bobcharlieeeee said:

Thinking about it.... Upstairs where the grow and bedroom was, nothing.

Downstairs did develop a mould problem though.

5 hours ago, mikeydoughnut said:

bleach all my window

try white vinegar its better (stinks to high heaven for a few tho')

mystic

• Like 1