IWS Pro tank size

gavlp20

Hi all just got given a IWS pro that was used for a big system it came with a 400L tank which has got rips in it and a big pump. Also with it came a 100L flexi tank would that be big enough for an 8 pot system if so what pump would be better as I think the one in the 400l might be a bit to much. One more think it didn’t have the timer just the 6 or 7 core cable anyone got a wiring diagram?

Depends on the size of the pots you are using. With an IWS system the idea is you need about 20 - 40% of the capacity of the tank left in the tank when the system is fully flooded, if you have 8 x 10L pots then a 100L tank would just about do it but a 200L would be miles better. IMO you don't want to run the tank lower than around 50% without topping up or changing the water completely, the smaller the tank the more often you have to do this and it becomes a pain really quickly. 

Make sure you use spreader mat and/or copper discs on the bottom of the pots, and if you're feeling flush those screw on mesh filters that go inside the inner pot are good too to avoid blockages. It also pays to use a T-piece on every pot and to loop the lines, just incase there is a blockage on a line, the line can still flood completely. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, gavlp20 said:

One more think it didn’t have the timer just the 6 or 7 core cable anyone got a wiring diagram?

Missed this bit - no need for a wiring diagram, just go to the grow shop and ask for an IWS remote timer. 

• 1 month later...

Hi all again getting somewhere with it is there any other way to set a timer up without the IWS timer pro flood and drain cause it’s quite expensive 

cheers

the IWS one is built for the system, and isnt that expensive since you were given the rest of the system, no?

a mate runs a 9 pot alien XL flood n drain (similar to IWS pro)  and uises a 200 litre tank, its bare minimum size, hes looking for a bigger one, so he can leave it a week or so.

• Like 3

Hi I wasn’t given it it cost me probably more than it should of really it did have the 300l res but was knackered by the time i cleaned it spent ages cleaning cause the last guy ran coco in it . Anyways luckily am an electrical engineer so have tuck it apart and all I need is a relay x 2 and 24v timer an IP box 

Hi I wasn’t given it it cost me probably more than it should of really it did have the 400lres but was knackered by the time i cleaned it spent ages cleaning cause the last guy ran coco in it . Anyways luckily am an electrical engineer so have tuck it apart and all I need is a relay x 2 and 24v timer an IP box