Over dry?

oldleafybeard1

I wanted to give plants a slow dry cause I felt id rused my previous one a little, id got advice to lower the temps for drying too so I hung my plants whole and the temps around 18-21 and humidity started around 65% I was happy on day 7 was about when they looked like they had lost the bulk of the water but they still had tthat damp smell, the outer parts felt a bit crispy so I cut down to branches and put in paper bags, I didnt monitor tthe humidity in the bag but ambient was between 55-60 so I figured it would be fine. I rotated everything daily and the bags were open. Anyway I went to Jar on day 9 and what is worrying me is the humidity in the jar is reading 53% and not changing at all, would this indicate ive dried too much this time instead? Im just not sure what to do in regards to burpinng/rehydrating because I was expecting to have to burp this week but humidity is static at 53% the other two jars are at 57% but again they are static so, any advice what I should do if anything? The bud does seem really dry and light but I feel like according to all the advice I jarred at the correct time with the stems just starting to snap so I cant work out what I am doing wrong, if anything.

• Like 1

Appreciate that! puts my mind at ease a bit on that one, I feel like you can spend a lifetime reading the advice but when it comes to actually doing it its such an alien process and the pitfalls are everywhere! I find the drying/curing the most stressful at the moment because it feels like the steaks are high at that point. I will keep them all locked down then and keep an eye on the meters, thanks again :hippy:

Edited by oldleafybeard1
  • Like 3