Need help with bubble hash

Shed-Grower

Hi, I'm just looking for some advice on making bubble hash.

I watched a video where this guy lets the wet stuff from the bottom of the bags dry on 25 micron screens for a few days before grating it through a seive and then leaving it in the fridge to dry. I did that which left me with a load of different grade dry keif.

It was good to have the keif because it was easy to make a joint with but the downside was that it wasn't very transportable (duno if that's a word but it feels like it fits!) So if I wanted to take some to my mates house for a smoke, it was a bit awkward coz it's a bag of keif or a box with keif in.

I bought an aluminium square mold and used my mate garage press (2 ton) to press it into a block. Now it's turned into what looks like a block of old school sputnik only a bit softer. It's still a decent smoke but its also still pretty hard. I was aiming for something soft that would make my mouth water when I snap it in half. Instead I've got something much harder that needs to be burned for a second before I crumble it in.

I'm just wondering, how do I make my keif in to a soft block of hash? Or any tips on what I could of done during the process so I could of ended up with a soft block of hash?

Thanks

Heat is your friend here.

You could try...

Cut a bit off and pop it in a sealy bag and into some hot water.

Keep an eye on it and it will become soft-not so soft that it becomes oil(!)

Once it is pliable work it in your hands.

I'm pretty sure this is about bursting the trichomes but after a short time it will go darker and remain soft.

The reason why the 25 micron screen is slow is it’s clogged 

Shake the bag up and down to clear the screen, it should all run through in seconds 

To get the last water out try kitchen roll on the under side