CO2 grow room quantity....

plantters

Morning gents,

Having a think about sealing my grow space and injecting co2 into the area to improve growth and yield

Grow space is approx. 2m x 2m x 1.8m

Question:

How many KG of CO2 is likely to be needed per week to keep room at desired ppm concentration? (1200 -1600ppm) My lights are more than enough to give the higher ppfd levels required

Obviously air from outside the grow room will be pumped in via the air stones which will carry oxygen and the plants will also produce oxygen so the CO2 PPM will be constantly diluted.

Also

Any recommendations for an all in one monitor / controller that will meter the correct amount of CO2 to maintain concentrations at desired level.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice

Can't help with co2 sistems but take dehumidifier into account ,closed like that will bring high humidity with hps or even more with leds inside its recepy for bud root.

Running air-cooled hoods with separate intake and outake might help

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2023 at 8:43 AM, plantters said:

Morning gents,

Having a think about sealing my grow space and injecting co2 into the area to improve growth and yield

Grow space is approx. 2m x 2m x 1.8m

Question:

How many KG of CO2 is likely to be needed per week to keep room at desired ppm concentration? (1200 -1600ppm) My lights are more than enough to give the higher ppfd levels required

Obviously air from outside the grow room will be pumped in via the air stones which will carry oxygen and the plants will also produce oxygen so the CO2 PPM will be constantly diluted.

Also

Any recommendations for an all in one monitor / controller that will meter the correct amount of CO2 to maintain concentrations at desired level.

Thanks in advance for any help / advice

There are a shit ton out there depending on what you want to spend.peace Goohfy.

On 21/01/2023 at 9:29 PM, Goohfy said:

There are a shit ton out there depending on what you want to spend.peace Goohfy.

Yeah, appreciate that which was why i was asking for recommendations from those that already have them.....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@plantters

I use the ram co2 controller, don't know in kgs but usually go through a large gas bottle every 10 to 14 days .

turning off extraction and sealing tent will raise humidity. dehumidifier will raise temps to the point you will need to extract or add cooling as well. depending where your tent is, the much higher temps inside may cause condensation issues which will cause your dehumidifier to work more creating more heat, its an endless cycle and can become costly as you end up pissing in the wind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sweettooth said:

usually go through a large gas bottle every 10 to 14 days .

as @sweettooth says, you go through quite a lot of co2 to do it proper. & its not cheap

I used a Ecotecnics UNIS co2 controller & regulator. still got it

its a load of hassle, unless you've got a sealed room & environment that you can control

mystic

• Like 1

I was watching a podcast where a guy uses  a tea candle when lights are on and it increases his co2 level significantly according to his pulse monitor.

• Haha 1