ACO 9730 outlet point is +29C

CDF20

Hi guys 

Got ACO 9730 60l per minute for my 19l oxy pot. Yes I know it's overkill but I am going to upgrade my tent and tote in few months and just running this pump for now. I just noticed that outlet point is +29.1C (can't upload pics - error 200) so there is a link

I use 200mm disk and 5m sinking line which helps the air to cool down and pumping cold air into the oxy pot.

I did a bit of research and found this info

Pumping depth: This will vary a little depending on the type and number of air distribution parts (air stones) used but max depth is 3 mtrs with an acceptable working depth of 2 mtrs

Can't find nothing about minimum depth HOWEVER I found a bit of info that concerns me now 

Please Note:

You can easily damage Air Pumps by either running a too powerful air pump in not enough depth of water or not enough air stones etc etc, or an under powered air pump in too much depth of water both can cause early failure or problems, by either causing too greater back pressure or not creating enough back pressure.

Thanks 

Edited by lildaveham
Offsite hosted pic links removed. Try brave browser to upload photos
  • Like 1

are you running a manifold with taps on it?

if so this will restrict the air coming out of it and cause heat build up.

if you are using the standard plastic manifold itll be fine. either put it somewhere cooler or point a fan at it. 

• Like 1

also those disc airstones only have air coming out of one side of them, better with the golf ball type, more surface area for the air to escape from

Edited by badbillybob
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, badbillybob said:

are you running a manifold with taps on it?

if so this will restrict the air coming out of it and cause heat build up.

if you are using the standard plastic manifold itll be fine. either put it somewhere cooler or point a fan at it. 

Thanks for answering, mate. I run air line straight from outlet (pic above). I have plastic manifold which came with pump but didn't use it yet as I have no air balls yet. Will buy soon though. 

Yeap , I moved pump on floor on flat surface to make it cooler and more open for air suction. Temps dropped from 29C to 21C which is good.

I am in loft and temps are quite low which is good as I always can rise them if I needed.  Not sure about summer DWC though unless I buy AC or back to coco till September/October.

7 hours ago, badbillybob said:

also those disc airstones only have air coming out of one side of them, better with the golf ball type, more surface area for the air to escape from

Again, can't upload pics but it's jacuzzi inside the oxy so with air balls it's gonna be storm inside :rofl:

Edited by CDF20

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, badbillybob said:

put the manikfold on it and it should reduce temps as all the air is dispersed through the seperate tubes/hoses.

Thanks mate. Already split works better and temps dropped to +23C