Planning my first geurilla grow

Ragnar6185

Hi guys

Planning my first geurilla grow this year, I have about 10ish locations that I've chosen to grow from wanting to put about 10 plants on each, its my first time growing outdoors and just after peoples experience I'll be growing in Wales the strain I've chosen is fem northern lights auto, might chuck a couple of gorilla cookies out too, I'm after a more plant and leave approach as the locations are not near water and very hard to get too without attracting attention, what success has people had doing this? What do you normally yeild from a plant in uk weather ? When do you find best to plant ? Is it worth doing vs overall effort ? Cheers guys

It's absolutely worth it if you put the effort in.

Tbh yer spots sound like hard work with the little info you've given, if yer putting ten plants per plot put and don't have a water course close by you'll be packing a hell of a lot of water out to them during July and August potentially.

If access is a bit blatant yer chances of a smooth grow are drastically reduced as you'll be in and out regularly with water.

Also if yer plots are all scattered you'll be at it non stop and feel like yer constantly chasing your tail.

Regarding genetics to run , you may get away with trendy indoor strains (I had some banging gg4x widow finish mid September a few years ago) but most will run the risk of mold late in flower due to the fact it'll be nigh on October as a rule.

Have a look at gear bred for our climate, real gorilla seeds have some fine examples and  pretty extensive documentation and support here at uk420

:yinyang:

• Like 5

Effort=reward :yinyang:

Yes its worth doing however 10 plots is quite a bit of bouncing around, and a hundred plants is a canny trim job,good luck with your project :yinyang:

• Like 7

Just now, BilgePump said:

Also , listen to @Ch@ppers This guys forgotten more about gg'ing than most of us know put together :yep:

No mate, just been lucky a couple of times, I was just thinking 10 plants in 10 locations at the end of the season if the weather turns inclement it's a race against time to get them in :yinyang:

• Like 6

Yeah that scenario sounds like a headache waiting to happen, I usually stick to one plot fairly spread out so I've got little pockets of a couple plants here n there dotted in one place, the times I've had two or three different locations have been the years it's felt like serious graft and which the rewards did not equal effort expended.

• Like 2

Its easy to forget how much conditions can vary in different locations.  

Most of wales is very wet.  Mold resistant genetics will be much more of a consideration than watering.  

Essex gold is bred in wales using Serious 6 and other mold resistant genetics.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

Its easy to forget how much conditions can vary in different locations.  

I’ve had a single field that produced amazing results in one area, utter rubbish in others all using the same cuttings over several seasons. I’d say horizon to horizon sun is more important than anything, so sack off the worst 7 plots and concentrate on the sunniest 3 plots with 30 plants in each. Done. :yep:

• Like 10

Most of the plots are within 4 mile radius of each other tbh 7 of them are basically 2 to 3 mins in a car apart, your right with Wales being wet all the time lol if I planted most out by start of May? I'd be hoping that a auto outdoors should typically be done by come end of July? Tbh I picked northern lights because discount cannabis seeds have a bulk order offer on for 100 quid for a 100 seeds so with it being my first one I'm not chucking hundreds of pounds down the drain if it goes tits up for me, I've got a shit ton of photo seeds strain unknown, and a few gorilla cookie autos to play with too currently got 3 growing in a tent grow, I do think your right probably is best to have 3 locations rather that a ton that's hard to keep on top of 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

I’ve had a single field that produced amazing results in one area, utter rubbish in others all using the same cuttings over several seasons.

It wasn't until I had access to indoor and started taking cuttings that I truly appreciated just how plastic an individual can be.

1 hour ago, Slippy One said:

I’d say horizon to horizon sun is more important than anything

Yep, though as far as mold is concerned, the fact that these plots are often accompanied by being 'open' and so more ventilated / windswept, shouldn't be overlooked.  

Edited by Amarillo slim
  • Like 5

Someone called. lol

I am down in south wet wales and plots are hard to come by.

10 plots and u want to do 10 plants on each i reckon prep 3 or 4 with water sources and chuck em all in them 10 plots is way to much work just getting around them all.

And if we get a hot summer like last year by the time u get around watering them all u will have to start again.

And bare in mind they might be autos and will finish quicker but they will still rot if the weather don't play ball.

• Like 3