Mixing coco with soil

Darknight420710

Im just wondering if you were to mix biobizz coco and biobizz light mix, how would you treat the medium?

Would you need to ph the water and check ec levels and run off etc like coco or could you get away with plain water with feed and not have to ph or run off? 

I do like the coco for the speed it gives the plant but hate the faffing around and bow I tried soil I love the fact its piss easy but very slow in comparison.

Would love to be able to get it right on next grow so any advice appreciated 

Not able to do drip trays, run to waste etc as I need that reassurance I can easily lift plants away from the area  without the thought of unplugging things in an emergency 

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 1

Hey mate,

I use a 60% compost and 40% coco coir mix and treat it as normal compost i.e. no pH adjustment etc..... I have gone as much as 50/50 and still been fine treating it as normal compost.

Greenie

• Like 2

Tropic Mix if you want it with added lime, which keeps the PH in soil range. It's a little easier to water than mostly peat-based mediums and dries out a bit quicker with its 40% coco. Nice stuff.

• Like 1