How quick is the uptake of nutrients.

Darknight420710

Hi all

I'm growing in soil and it's the 1st time I've used this medium and using biotab organic feed

I haven't followed the feed right and it was my own stupid mistake but I've managed to scrape by and now in week 6 flower and I don't think the plants have much prosphorus thats needed.

My question is, ive finally got the correct nutirents that I need to start feeding PK5-8 and compost tea but I think I read somewhere that what you feed in soil today will benefit your plant in 2wks time.. which has now got me thinking that if I'm growing a 10wk flower and plan to flush around week 8 and I'm going to feed a PK booster now, is there any point in doing it? 

Kinda wish I stayed with coco as I believe that's fairly quick on changes and uptake 

Any advice on ways to get them fatter in final week is appreciated. 

Thanks 

Edited by Darknight420710
  • Like 1

Naturally, forms of P in the earth is dissolved into the frequently introduced moisture and the roots absorb only what is in direct contact with them, as opposed to other mobile nutrients. If you "wet" the rootzone today the plant would be absorbing what is in direct contact with the roots until the day it is finished, for as long as you are introducing water. No need to "feed" with P every time (thats what i understand about soil anyway) 

Adding it today would mean that any subsequent watering event will moisturise and dissolve more P for uptaking, not all of it runs through you see, loads of that substance is held by the soil. Youve got what? a week of growth before you will flush? i say its fine to add a bit of it. This one time for this run. (i might be corrected here though)

Edited by DreamCatcher

I thought it was organic nutrients that take 2 weeks because they have to be broken down before the plant can absorb the nutrients?

• Like 1

Oh shit yes! You are right, I was chatting about salt based PK booster, my bad! Yes absolutely if the PK booster in question is organic then there's no point. It will be ready by the time the plant needs to be flushed.

9 minutes ago, Woozy said:

I thought it was organic nutrients that take 2 weeks because they have to be broken down before the plant can absorb the nutrients?

Thats how I've probably read it as I'm using biotab and thats organic, then again I also read you no need to flush organic. 

It's a fecking nightmare lol

I believe salts are available pretty much as you feed them, organic is 2-3 days(I could be wrong here).  If your plants look like they need feeding, I would do so.

Flushing of any kind is a massively debated option.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2023 at 1:40 PM, Darknight420710 said:

I'm growing in soil and it's the 1st time I've used this medium and using biotab organic feed

Tried twice these biotabs in 15l pots and never finished grow without using synthetic ferts in flower. Don't know how people managed to grow but me never again. 

Feed them with synthetic and then flash if you want to BUT worth to listen Dr Bruce Bugbee podcast about flushing on yt about flushing and using synthetic nutes together with organic - worked well for me. 

• 3 months later...

large.981C859C-A889-4A91-9CA7-53A478E145CE.jpegI know this has absolutely fook all to to with this thread but was just wondering if anyone had used this.peace Goohfy