Super Skunk, Northern Lights and Pineapple by SS

ExpatGrower

11 minutes ago, Thai Stick said:

Yes bud growing out here for a number of years.

Which super soil did you try?

Phuket is nice, very touristy, although the north is much nicer compares to the south, unless you like bars and working girls.

How long you been there?

I've been here 14 years approx now, Phuket the whole time! Depends where you stay in Phuket though, I lived 10 years in rawai which was nice and quiet up until a few years ago as it got constantly busier. Moved up north of the island now where it's mostly older expats although I'm not that old 

The soil was TumDin super soil and sorry to say I can't recommend it. First of all drainage was not adequate and I had over watering issues a few times. Then of course it ran out of food.

However I think I'd someone was to make much smaller plants than I did (7 week lst veg), it would probably be ok. 

.The coots recipe you can find on Buildasoil.com is going fantastic, I didn't feed the plants anything until about 6 weeks and I've slowly ramped up the bio bizz nutes. No issues so far aside from a touch of mg deficiency on one of my wedding cakes. 

• Like 3

Yes, that soil is a bit wank. 

But it is a good start. 

Think back even 5 years ago and how difficult it was to even find peatmoss. 

Have you tried any others? 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thai Stick said:

Yes, that soil is a bit wank. 

But it is a good start. 

Think back even 5 years ago and how difficult it was to even find peatmoss. 

Have you tried any others? 

I've had a few disastrous diy attempts at soil lol, but nothing worth mentioning!

I did experiment a bit with soil bought from shopping centers like Thai Watsadu, but its tough to know exactly whats in and they're mostly chemical. Actually I do want to figure out how to adjust the coots recipe to use coco since it's so much more economical here!

• Like 1

The problem is that most of the "soils" that are available aren't properly cooked, are full of sand and other crap.

Much better just grabbing peat moss, earth worms castings, rice husks and a few other things from supercheap as a base.

We are always learning from each others experiences so do share.

I kinda fucked up around 100 plants when switching from one method, media and nutes to another. lol

Threw them all outside and they all bounced back super fast and finished way ahead of the indoor stuff.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thai Stick said:

The problem is that most of the "soils" that are available aren't properly cooked, are full of sand and other crap.

Much better just grabbing peat moss, earth worms castings, rice husks and a few other things from supercheap as a base.

We are always learning from each others experiences so do share.

I kinda fucked up around 100 plants when switching from one method, media and nutes to another. lol

Threw them all outside and they all bounced back super fast and finished way ahead of the indoor stuff.

Yeah my new goto is just 33/33/33, Peat, Worm, rice/perlite/pumice. 

I'm gonna do a video for my site, of making up the next batch using thai bought ingredients, cheapest sources I believe! 25 kg bag of pumice, 25 kg bag of vermicompost and the peat moss. I'm still hoping to find a cheaper source of quality worm castings than what I'm finding on lazada though cause shipping kills it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to the results.

Be careful with these big ass grubs that come in some of the worm castings here.....

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2023 at 0:46 AM, Thai Stick said:

Looking forward to the results.

Be careful with these big ass grubs that come in some of the worm castings here.....

Hey funny you say that!!! I had 3-4 huge bugs on my plants this grow, I guess from the worm castings now you've said it. They didn't seem to do much harm thankfully, I just removed as soon as I saw them. half an inch long black beetles.

• Like 1