Best way to source seeds

Surfer Joe

I was wondering if there is any benefit to buying directly from breeders rather than from resellers?

I'm not referring to any particular breeder or reseller, just in general.
Are you more likely to get fresher seeds or a better selection from breeders?
I notice that resellers often offer stealth shipping where they take the seeds out of their packaging and mail the seeds in plain packages but sometimes the selection of seeds come with some very tiny or soft seeds.
I used to visit Holland periodically to stock up on seeds from the breeder shops around Amsterdam but I no longer travel there and generally get seeds from online resellers.
The seeds I get now do seem to have a lower germination rate than the seeds I used to buy from breeder shops in Holland.

• Like 1

I second the subbies

I also recommend the sites sponsor at the top of the page where you can use the 420 discount code :yep:

• Like 6

I was discount when buying seeds ,was getting like 50 autos and split them in 2 grows.Like 20 or 30% when ordering from DP here on uk420,duno if that's the case with other seedbanks

Also yes fresh seeds that were not on shelf for years

• Like 2

It depends who you buy from, we're not allowed to talk about the resellers though, it's against site rules. If you find reliable ones such as The Attitude you won't have any bother but I have in the past ordered seeds from other companies and they must have been really old stock as I'd get one germ from a packet of 10. Pretty harsh when you've paid £130 and get a one boy lol I'm not into breeding so it was about as much use as tits on a fish for me.

Attitude have been sound though, give them a try! 

• Like 4

I had problems sourcing some seeds this week as the UK seemed to be totally out of stock so went direct to the breeder,

they're already in the post as I type this, a wee bit cheaper than everywhere else too...recommend subbies as well btw...:yep:

• Like 2

Direct from the breeders for me where possible. I find most resellers tend to stock at least a couple of breeders that I know are total shite which in my head says a lot. If you're not in it for the love of the plant GTFO.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 4

directly from breeders or get some from the subbie section. some of the best plants ive done have were from the subbie section

for instance

uk cheese clone x gelato aka chelato

and

Mac F1 x black cherry punch aka black mac

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mikeydoughnut said:

bought numerous individual packs.

I often think there should be an "honorary lifer" badge for those of us who buy 6+ annual subs a year lol

:yinyang:

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BilgePump said:

I often think there should be an "honorary lifer" badge for those of us who buy 6+ annual subs a year lol

:yinyang:

Yeah mate lol

Where's my 3rd competition entry 

• Like 1

OK you guys with the knowledge , 3rd year apprentice here . how to pick seeds from the subbie's section . i would prefer indica stains 

would it be possible to put behind the name i ,for indica an   , s for sativa , for me it looks like a lottery when picking . or is it a case off going

through every members diary 's  sorry for jumping  in guys ,  but every day is a school day for me kind regards to all members , hope you all have a good 2023 . grow

Edited by geogeo

The "more free seeds" and "subbies pics" threads are normally  good ones to follow, most of the stuff sent in for subs is mentioned/pictured so you can see what's what.  

From what I gather the chemd x blue Digi, pups xx and GDP x cheese would be on the Indica side, also revives blueberry crosses (although they seem to grow more like a Sativa).  Don't quote me on that though lol

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

@geogeo if the parents in a subbie cross are identified, you can research the individual strains to get an idea of the genetics, but a lot depends on which phenotypes the breeder selected to cross. So no easy answers there unless you ask the person responsible.