Dried out plants - viability?

stephenc

I've left 3 Afghan Pearl plants drying in the dark for around 4 months in a spare room. I actually forgot about them. 

Will they still be viable to either decarb or simply to flake and store in a sealed jar? 

They look a bit shrivelled now. 

Try a bit. If it's no good to vape/smoke then use it for extracts, there's a multitude of ways to use it apart from smoking it

:bong:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Should Know Betterer said:

Try a bit. If it's no good to vape/smoke then use it for extracts, there's a multitude of ways to use it apart from smoking it

:bong:

The thing is, I have stopped using it totally now but may want or need to in the future. 

My jars are empty, still 3 weeks away from chopping the ones I'v got in flower.I'd be delighted to even find a stray bud right now. Not sure if it would work but maybe putting it in a plastic bag with a bit of orange peel might put some moisture back in it.

Do you have any idea roughly what was the approximate temp and RH of the spare room?

They might be great.

Stick up a photo :) 

Atb

:yinyang:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shumroom said:

Do you have any idea roughly what was the approximate temp and RH of the spare room?

They might be great.

Stick up a photo :)

Atb

They have been sitting above the shower in the spare room in the dark at around 6 - 18C. I've no idea about the humidity but the room isn't used.

I've been trying to upload images all afternoon and even though I have them down to only 600kb each and in jpeg form I keep getting error and they won't upload (sorry)

large.b.jpglarge.a.jpg

Edited by stephenc
Adding images
  • Like 1

I'm curious as to how one simply forgets they have three unfiltered plants hanging in their house? Do/did they not kick up at least a bit of stink?

• Like 1

I suppose you’ve two choices with those bad boys. Either smoke ‘em or ride them in the moonlight like a witch innit :) 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, BilgePump said:

I'm curious as to how one simply forgets they have three unfiltered plants hanging in their house? Do/did they not kick up at least a bit of stink?

I cut them a few days before being away for a month. They're in a room rarely used.

The thing is, I may want to use them in a decarboxalated form by suppository in the future for a blood cancer, hence the reason I really need to know whether they're viable or not?

• Like 2

Since they were kept in the dark the cannabinoids and a lot of the terpenes should still be effective. 

Good luck with the treatment (whoever it's for) :yep:

Atb 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/12/2022 at 5:35 PM, BilgePump said:

One must have to much grow going on and too many rooms. Can I move into one please lol

On 30/12/2022 at 11:56 AM, stephenc said:

The thing is, I may want to use them in a decarboxalated form by suppository in the future for a blood cancer,

Ah man sorry to hear that bud, hope all goes well for you ! :yinyang:

as others have already said the plants should be fine for extracts butter and oils and stuff as long as there’s no mould they will be sound :yep:

26 minutes ago, Maggot. said:

One must have to much grow going on and too many rooms. Can I move into one please lol

The thing is, once you automate the grow (hydroponically in my case) it doesn't need tending as much. Plus I was lucky in this my second or third cannabis grow that I didn't run into any problems. 

19 minutes ago, LA LUNA said:

Ah man sorry to hear that bud, hope all goes well for you ! :yinyang:

as others have already said the plants should be fine for extracts butter and oils and stuff as long as there’s no mould they will be sound :yep:

Thanks for this, I'm hoping I won't need them but want to have a batch ready in case I do.

Ashamedly, I have to admit they're still hanging in the same place but I feel more confident now after the advice here that it will be worth decarboxilating them rather than binning them. Thanks 

• Like 1

Get them in a jar or grove bag now that you remember about them :) 

This will make sure that they don't deteriorate any further.

Atb

• Like 1