Seaweed extract

Darknight420710

Hi all

I was telling someone I've problems with my plants as ive never grown in soil before and not sure what was up. 

Anyway they recommended I buy guano and seaweed extract so I've now got both, ive sprinkled the guano over the top a couple of times this last 2wk but I've no idea what to do with the seaweed extract except dilute 2ml per 1l of water. 

Is it advisable to use this in flower or is it only of use when seedling or early veg? 

The stuff I've got is plant magic catalyst 100% organic seaweed extract 

Any advice appreciated 

Hohoho

Edited by Darknight420710

Mostly in veg but you can use it throughout the grow mate, it's pretty forgiving stuff IME, it's got heaps of trace elements and micro nutrients that give the plant a good boost. 

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Seaweed is one thing Kelp is another.What they give is amazing results kelp helps plants take up more nutrients that’s just one of many pro’s to using let’s say Kelp.I find if you know how and why things are beneficial to your grow it makes the whole grow easier.peace Goohfy.

• Like 2

People might say things like seaweed brilliant for seedlings as a foliar feed true but there is more to it than that.I have heard people say oh no you can only use kelp early veg ha ha.Yes you can but also you can run it the full grow.The best thing to do if possible is not get stuck in one way of growing and try not to be blinkered to advice we learn something new every day.peace Goohfy.

• Like 5

Use through out grow - Ive been feeding mine upto 3ml /L every feed and they are fine and dandy - also helps plants deal with stress

kelp is one type of seaweed, there are many others but 99% of seaweed extract is kelp as its the fastest growing with the highest yield.

• Like 1

I'm convince seaweed in flower saved my critical girls I ran in the heatwave last year. I proper lashed them with it, 3ml a litre medium drench and a good foliar every other day

• Like 2

I use a mix of ocean seaweed/kelp and a blue green species of micro algae from fresh water.

Stuff is pretty potent.

Makes the plants very draught resistant and helps with the uptake of other nutrients if used in balance. 

I have also used it all the way throughout the grow. 

• Like 3