Whitefly bastards

prawn

So.. had an infestation of these little fuckers last crop cycle.. kept them at bay with predator mites so got to harvest but it wasn't pretty..

bug bombed the room between crops (permethrin).. still there..new plants in veg so tried floramite.. still there.. tried abamectin...still there.
Need to leave it two weeks now before introducing predator mites, just wondering if anyone has battled these wankers with pesticide and won? 

edit- going to give Scotts Miracle-Gro Bug Clear Ultra a go,  cant believe I missed that one, had great results on thrips with it in years passed.

Edited by prawn
misspelling

Are those like gnats hanging in top compo?

If so give neem cake a try?Its simple solution,that and neem oil kept my room pest free even in summer

• Like 1

Just hang some yellow sticky traps and give your plants a spray with bug clear or similar.

While you have young or no plants in the room they should be incredibly easy to eradicate. 

I've battled them a few times. They are only an issue if left to go unchecked into flower. 

They can certainly make a mess and I find the predators(encarsia formosa) not very effective as they aren't suited to monoculture indoor conditions. They need a source of pollen to survive.

I provided corn pollen. Whether it helped or not I dunno. Didn't sustain the population anyway.

Well placed sticky traps and early vigilance is the trick 

• Like 2

On 24/12/2022 at 3:14 PM, prawn said:

So.. had an infestation of these little fuckers last crop cycle.. kept them at bay with predator mites so got to harvest but it wasn't pretty..

bug bombed the room between crops (permethrin).. still there..new plants in veg so tried floramite.. still there.. tried abamectin...still there.
Need to leave it two weeks now before introducing predator mites, just wondering if anyone has battled these wankers with pesticide and won? 

edit- going to give Scotts Miracle-Gro Bug Clear Ultra a go,  cant believe I missed that one, had great results on thrips with it in years passed.

get yourself a can of RAID wasp + moskito killer,then next time your groom is empty of produce...if its a tent zip it up no fans on and squirt a good wag in there ....then repeat the process 2 days later...+ again 3 times within 1 week phase.........ewe be totally pest free + good to boot....ooops day 7 air the groom / tent and fire away.  faultless pest free enviroment sorted...  p.s do not introduce fresh pests or ya got to repeat it all over again........  :yes: 

Edited by thekingofobsolete
fag ash in keyboard
  • Like 1

Just now, Boojum said:

Fly paper is surprisingly effective.

aye booj for any flyer`s....but lavae take weeks to get airborne :yes: they can lay eggs anywhere moist within the groom see not just the medium....filthy bastards ...i hate things that make me itch :beer:  i`d rather take a week out and rid anything with lungs in my groom + i stand on that,i aint had a pest since 1997 :yes:

• Like 2

Aye. I clean down my grow tent between grows, spray it with diluted bleach and give it a scrub before starting again with germinating seeds or rooting cuttings.

• Like 4

hello @prawn haven't seen you in a while :)

i had the bastards indoors for the first time in the summer, it was in flower so i just got the hoover out a few times when they were flying around, usually have them on my cabbages, hate the little fuckers, they are easy to breathe in if you get a lot

• 1 month later...

Hey @ratdog :) yeaman- longtime no see... yeah, they kinda took me by surprise, luckily not had any bugs for a couple years (touchwood) then bam- was overrun .. was overthinking it - all it took was a once over with scotts and they gone;)