Air con for loft (summer grow)

CDF20

Hi guys,

Could someone recommend decent portable air con for my loft 22sq meters?

I believe 3.5kW or 9k-12k BTU would be sufficient enough. Something like A+++ wi fi controllable and reliable 

Saved hard so looking for a Christmas present and to invest into GOOD piece of kit!

Thanks in advance!!!

Sorry can't really help with that but just curious if you've used the loft before? 

I've grown in a loft for 20 years roughly and never needed air con, just thinking with the prices of electric the way they are now is bad enough but I think they're going up again soon. 

I only use my loft for flowering so lights on at night is how I do it. 

I'd use the air con for drying in summer possibly, depending on the prices at the time. 

• Like 2

the one ive got would be good, you need to make sure that the hoses n shit can be worked right

for instance you can dual-hose mine, to expel hot OR cold 1 way & the opposite [hot/cold] somewhere else 

as you can choose which side to hose with 1 hose

its got a heat pump & dehumidifier too

elecriq airflex 15 v2 - 4kW max/14000 btu

mystic

1 hour ago, KC said:

Sorry can't really help with that but just curious if you've used the loft before? 

I've grown in a loft for 20 years roughly and never needed air con, just thinking with the prices of electric the way they are now is bad enough but I think they're going up again soon. 

I only use my loft for flowering so lights on at night is how I do it. 

I'd use the air con for drying in summer possibly, depending on the prices at the time. 

Thanks for answering KC

Yeah I did two grows last summer and my tent temps hit +35C as I had to use dehumidifier to keep RH below 50% and it did contribute to high temps too.

Old School widow 99's didn't mind though :-) 

I am thinking to grow only in late spring/summer to keep bills low hence looking for options to keep more friendly environment in loft. 

31 minutes ago, mysticriver said:

the one ive got would be good, you need to make sure that the hoses n shit can be worked right

for instance you can dual-hose mine, to expel hot OR cold 1 way & the opposite [hot/cold] somewhere else 

as you can choose which side to hose with 1 hose

its got a heat pump & dehumidifier too

elecriq airflex 15 v2 - 4kW max/14000 btu

mystic

Thanks mate.

Will have a look at this beast you suggested. More than enough for my loft which is good as it can work in half of its power - quite and longer service life .

Thanks 

You might need split unit or something check it out a bit more because the smell of canna might go out

E2a Led in summer, hps is horrible for hot weather

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

I've done the loft for last 3 years but im going to skip june/july/august from now on, heatwave cooked everything last summer and they're getting more common.

I have my best grows during the summer up there. I struggle with the cold most of the year. 

Not nice having to garden in just my pants though. I sweat buckets up there, although I try to keep my numbers down so it's a quick in and out.