early finishing photos

the ferret

9 hours ago, Tippers75 said:

I've had great results with in UK in "Bannana Dance" from freedom seeds. It is really quick to go into flower and is done in 6-7 weeks. 

what date did you harvest ?

• Like 1

large.20221222_105046.jpg

10 hours ago, Tippers75 said:

I personally have had a few struggles with outdoors in the UK. The flower period is more important than veg period imo as it needs to be as short as possible to avoid the dreaded bud rot! One strain I've had great results with in UK in "Bannana Dance" from freedom seeds. It is really quick to go into flower and is done in 6-7 weeks. 

I currently have 1 indoors along side 2 other plants, upon switching to 12/12 the Bannana Dance showed pre flower within 4 days the others took 20+. One reason they finish early is due to them going into flower much quicker. 

1 hour ago, DutchFox said:

what date did you harvest ?

I'm not 100% sure as that was last year, but I'm confident it was the 1st week in Oct. This year I planted Holland Hope and things didn't go as well, they took too long to flower then we had a very wet period and it pretty much ruined the lot! :thumbdown:

Attached pic shows the other 2 plants in the tent with her, you can clearly see how much quicker she is developing in comparison. They all switched at the same time. Apologies for pic quality having resizing issues! lol

Edited by Tippers75
Add pic
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Tippers75 said:

large.20221222_105046.jpg

I'm not 100% sure as that was last year, but I'm confident it was the 1st week in Oct. This year I planted Holland Hope and things didn't go as well, they took too long to flower then we had a very wet period and it pretty much ruined the lot! :thumbdown:

Attached pic shows the other 2 plants in the tent with her, you can clearly see how much quicker she is developing in comparison. They all switched at the same time. Apologies for pic quality having resizing issues! lol

just cause it flowers faster doesnt mean it wont rot.. weather plays a huge part in it also aswell as genetics.

ive had plants of the same make up were some have rotted and the others flew by with zero mould.

also indoors compared to outdoors is different, they may have formed good looking buds there but outdoors they will be different as the light intensity is different.

but there is bomb proof stuff out there.

Edited by Exile420
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Tommy tucker said:

I'm looking forward to getting Christmas done with.  Get January and February  out the way aswell and we're rocking..

already itching just like me lollol

aye guess whos got a gigantic plot bigger than the old one :pitchfork:

• Like 2

theres so many strains to choose from these days its hard to pick. but i go along the lines with something that you guys mentioned on here. i come across an old strain that i forgot about while looking. early misty its called i remember it from years ago but reading up on it. its only 10 to 15% THC level so a very weak smoke i wont be growing that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, the ferret said:

theres so many strains to choose from these days its hard to pick. but i go along the lines with something that you guys mentioned on here. i come across an old strain that i forgot about while looking. early misty its called i remember it from years ago but reading up on it. its only 10 to 15% THC level so a very weak smoke i wont be growing that.

can always over cook it for that propper narcotic high lol

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Tippers75 said:

ok thx !!

but to be frank.. thats not my definition of early finishing......for me that is first 2 weeks of september....

and yes the holland hope is not the same as 15 years ago.....its deterioated...and pure late now.......it used to be first week september....all thats left is the name/// :( 

ps "Bannana Dance" from freedom seeds.....its not sold in their list now...

Edited by DutchFox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Exile420 said:

just cause it flowers faster doesnt mean it wont rot.. weather plays a huge part in it also aswell as genetics.

ive had plants of the same make up were some have rotted and the others flew by with zero mould.

also indoors compared to outdoors is different, they may have formed good looking buds there but outdoors they will be different as the light intensity is different.

but there is bomb proof stuff out there.

As you say every strain/pheno is different, and every year is different too. I don't recall saying it wouldn't rot due to flowering earlier I was just trying to share my experience with this strain. Great results indoors and out.... but another year another spot could be a different story....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DutchFox said:

ok thx !!

but to be frank.. thats not my definition of early finishing......for me that is first 2 weeks of september....

and yes the holland hope is not the same as 15 years ago.....its deterioated...and pure late now.......it used to be first week september....all thats left is the name/// :( 

The site info says mid to late September. As with any outdoor the weather really dictates when we can crop, if I remember rightly last year end if September was good so I let them go a bit longer and I had a lot of amber trickes. If the weather had been forecast bad I could easily have cropped end of September. But early September then I'd say probably not from my experience. 

I've had great results with holland hope several years ago hence trying again this year but if I'm honest I think my choice of site wasn't great either!! :wallbash:

I pray that I can still get bannana seeds! I did just check their site and they are still listed and available @ £6 each plus they are on a bogof at mo.... 

Just checked and it seems there is a "freedom seeds" and "freedom of seeds"  try the freedom of seeds site :smokin:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, the ferret said:

early misty

Used to love early misty, tasted like coffee, felt like you where wrapped in a blanket. Who cares what % it is, exodus cheese is only 16%. 

I was going to grow some again over the summer but unfortunately it's no longer available :doh:

• Like 3

On 22/12/2022 at 0:47 AM, Crow River said:

Dutch Passion do two ducksfoot strains. Frisian Duck is designed for outdoors, I hear it does okay in the UK. I will be growing some next season. Not an early strain though, at your latitude probably an October harvest. There's also Auto Duck, which is Frisian Duck x White Widow Auto. I grew a couple this summer, had some bad mould problems but grow was in a greenhouse with poor ventilation. Will be growing that strain again, proper outdoors, next year. 

Neither strain is very strong, but good for hash and/or edibles. What they do have is stealth. Don't really look like cannabis at all until well into flower. Look more like mint or nettles... :) 

I grew Frisian Duck outdoors last year.  My experience of outdoor photos hasn't been good in general, but Frisian Duck did better for me than some others. It finished in November with very small buds which were not very strong, though the taste was unique and pleasant. I brought her into the greenhouse for the last 2 weeks to keep her out of some of the weather, but even with a 30W fan pointed at the top of her she moulded right in front of it and I lost the best cola.

I got 3 Oz of leafy budlets which were weak enough that I turned the whole lot into cannabutter. But those 3 Oz made 500g of very potent fat which kept my dad pain free for a month.

I think in a very good summer, the Frisian Duck would do well and she is totally camouflaged until the last 6 weeks, but I don't expect the earth to move.  She is much, much better than auto-duck though in terms of smell, taste and effect.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DutchFox said:

Freedom Of Seeds. :huh: And "Banana Dance" with one 'n' (at least at one of my regular seedbanks that's how they spell it). I ordered some, it's still available. :) 

• Like 1

@MidgeSmith, thanks for sharing your experience. Yeah, greenhouses can be tricky as I discovered this summer! :rolleyes: Humidity is a big problem, then all you need is one or two days of cooler weather and bang goes the mould... :(

Definitely trying out Frisian Duck next year though. Not bothered if it's not so strong. As you say, still great for edibles. :yep: 

Edited by Crow River
  • Like 1