Duct heaters

Devon Cream

Wish this bastard fookin cold spell would jog on! Looking at these duct heaters will need a 6’ model . I’m using a gas enviro2 controller which obviously has the extraction and intake connected and lights off got the outtake slowed down once dark and balances the intake accordingly to keep negative pressure. I know they say the heaters have cut outs if it gets too hot but wondering how they work if the intake is slowed right down. Sorry I’m spangled there’s probably a easier way to word my question lollol 

I'll second that question, but would it be safe to run with passive intake?

I saw folks put tube heaters in ducting so I guess this got to be safer method of heating it up? :unsure:

Minus 10c next week got me thinking lol

Edited by Herbal Kint
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Herbal Kint said:

I saw folks put tube heaters in ducting so I guess this got to be safer method of heating it up? :unsure:

lol next thing with those temps coming kint there shut the bloody power off for few hours just what you need week 7 lollol 

• Like 2

Started a thread on duct heaters a while back, canned the idea, sticking with sealing the tent and using co2. temps are steady at 29 degrees over night (in a freezing loft) and 25 during the day although using a fan heater to maintain that during the daytime (heaters probably on for 50% of that time) im probably using the same leccy keeping my 800w dehumidifier running 24/7

tent covered in duvets and blankets (hippy style). just about to buy loads of insulation boards and build a room, might squeeze in a 3rd light :naughty:

18 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

Wish this bastard fookin cold spell would jog on! Looking at these duct heaters will need a 6’ model . I’m using a gas enviro2 controller which obviously has the extraction and intake connected and lights off got the outtake slowed down once dark and balances the intake accordingly to keep negative pressure. I know they say the heaters have cut outs if it gets too hot but wondering how they work if the intake is slowed right down. Sorry I’m spangled there’s probably a easier way to word my question lollol 

duct heaters have to be ran at a minimum air flow which will throw out your enviro controller settings. you can get specific thermostats for the duct heaters but it will need to be wired in correctly 

18 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

tube heaters in ducts will work but will have less of an impact than a duct heater and you would need active intakes, not passive.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Devon Cream said:

I know they say the heaters have cut outs if it gets too hot but wondering how they work if the intake is slowed right down.

mine is on setting 3 of a variac and it' a 300 watt 4" works like a dream generally, but it's just about keeping it to 24 with the lights on atm, that said it's fucking cold in my bedroom and the leds are only running at 40%

18 hours ago, Herbal Kint said:

but would it be safe to run with passive intake?

it won't be unsafe as it will cut out, but passive is not enough airflow to keep the element from cutting out.

i made my own 300w heater with a pc fan attached to a 300w ceramic heater powered by a 5 step variac

Edited by ratdog
' for ;
  • Like 2

ive stuck a small tube heater on full in my plastic passive ‘tube’ and it’s working quite well

ive also got a 120w long tube running down the middle of the plants and electric blanket under pots

plants are picking up from cold shock and temps up to 25 down to 20 in the air

pot temp is 25? i think? might be slightly higher?

running a 4” finity fan on setting 2 for extracting 

with a veg space running 24/7 on top of flower room

just have to see how it goes, i guess i may have to add another tube if it gets really cold 

:smokin:

Edited by twigs