what size for dry tent?

mysticriver

what size dry tent will I need for the contents of a 1.2 x 2.4 with 8 plants flowered

I grow them all with 6 branches including main so there will be 48 branches to hang - im thinking I could hang string down from the top of the tent to the bottom, 4 rows of 4, 16 strings hanging down, each string holding 3 branches

been thinking about a 90 x 90 tent

would that be too big. could it be done in a smaller size? having the right space in between the hanging strings (100, 150mm?) 90 x 90 seems massive

carbon filter at the top

what do you's lot think?

mystic

• Like 1

We dry in a 60×60×120cm tent hooked passively to the flower tent, inside is basically rigged like a wardrobe and untrimmed branches get hung on coat hangers in here.

We can squeeze about 18oz in there off upto 8 plants if we're crafty, gonna be getting a dedicated cloudline S4 and small filter for it in due course though just for peace of mind.

:yinyang:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, BilgePump said:

We dry in a 60×60×120cm tent hooked passively to the flower tent, inside is basically rigged like a wardrobe and untrimmed branches get hung on coat hangers in here.

We can squeeze about 18oz in there off upto 8 plants if we're crafty, gonna be getting a dedicated cloudline S4 and small filter for it in due course though just for peace of mind.

What size tent do you grow in? This is helpful as the most I've got out of my dr90 was 13.75 so sounds lke a 60x60 will be spot on  and give a bit more room in the room I'm drying in. Be easier to manage humidity in a smaller drying area too esp in the summer.

3 hours ago, BilgePump said:

We grow in a 1.2m² ,

so you know your 60 x 60 x 120 dry tent, do you use the whole height of your tent (I know 120 isn't that high but you could get 2 branches in that 120, vertically)

or do you just hang in the top half

cos im thinking that a 60 x 60 x (at least a)160 might do me

thats if I hang 3 branches on 1 line, using the full height if the tent, just string hanging down wit loops in it, top middle and lower, 'Ang the branches on the loops like

[I train low so my branches aren't that long]

OR 

is this me wanting to use the full hieght a folly, & will I find I cant, or summert...?

like I say ive got space for a 90 x 90 but if it all can be done in a 60 x 60 then its all good

600mm, 100-150mm-ish space between the hanging lines/branches, 4 rows of 4. 48 branches hung

will it work?

mystic

• Like 1

It's split into two "rails" yeah mate , they hang like a rope ladder, I should have been a lot clearer in my initial post I apologise lol:bag:

• Like 2

I grow in a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2m tent, and the harvests that I get from that (roughly around 20oz) just about fit in my 0.8 x 0.8 x 1.6m vegging/drying tent, so I would say you need a bigger drying tent.

• Like 2

On 09/12/2022 at 11:36 AM, cypher79 said:

roughly around 20oz) just about fit in my 0.8 x 0.8 x 1.6m

thats pretty much about my yield too bro

can I ask, are you using the absolute full height of the dry tent, like my idea? & if so, what's your method of hanging & how much space do you leave between the branches

or do you hang whole plants

im guessing ill go with like a 2m high tent, as heights not an issue. max 0.9 x 0.9  tho'

mystic 

Edited by mysticriver

@mysticriver I'm using a 4 tier drying net that pretty much takes up the whole space inside the tent.....and I don't hang full branches, the buds all get snipped off the branches to sit in the drying net.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cypher79 said:

hang full branches,

do ya think ill be able to fit them all in a 90 x 90 x 200 tent?

mystic

15 hours ago, DutchFox said:

why need a tent ?

just use a room with a bit of underpressure so all air goes though the filter.....

cos ive tried drying in a room, no extraction granted, & haven't had good results so I want to dry in an enclosed (more than a room) space with trickle extraction

mystic

4 hours ago, mysticriver said:

do ya think ill be able to fit them all in a 90 x 90 x 200 tent?

mystic

Yeah probably if you have half up top, and the other half at the bottom half of the tent.

• Like 1