Just to be sure

porky

So I've had some tiny red bugs at the top of one plant, mainly on the buds which I've been removing with some rolled up sticky tape. Found some different coloured ones too under the leaves, about 2 weeks away from harvest.

Spider mites ?

large.IMG_20221208_094345.jpglarge.IMG_20221208_094258.jpg

Get at it with the hoover bro , suck the little bastards off .... Errr.. you know what I mean :unsure:

Failing that have a look at predators because you'll have mites entrenched into yer environment no doubt, it's that time of year when they come in from outside, much like actual spiders

:yinyang:

• Like 5

Yeah like bilge says give them a going over with the hoover and then throw as many Phytoseiulus persimilis at them as you can afford. Probably worth doing a smoke bomb or something to wipe out any stragglers once the run is over. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, BilgePump said:

Get at it with the hoover bro , suck the little bastards off .... Errr.. you know what I mean :unsure:

lollol

• Like 3

Cheers @BilgePump @MindSoup just finished going over with the hoover, a lot seem to be stuck on the sticky glands or not enough sucking (cue @Gaijin) where can I get them from @MindSoup ? I guess my continuous 12/12 will have to be paused for a good clean, I read mites can be a nightmare to eradicate.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, porky said:

Cheers @BilgePump @MindSoup just finished going over with the hoover, a lot seem to be stuck on the sticky glands or not enough sucking (cue @Gaijin) where can I get them from @MindSoup ? I guess my continuous 12/12 will have to be paused for a good clean, I read mites can be a nightmare to eradicate.

This site has been recommended to me by another grower: Nematodes Direct. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link or not, sorry. I'm sure there's many other options, but this is only one I know of; my grower friend never gets bugs. He buys a selection of these for every grow regardless. 

He calls it putting a condom on his grow, just so you know :D 

• Like 2

Don't buy from dragonfli, they're completely ineffective. I don't know if they just ship empty boxes or if the predators are already dead on arrival but it does fuck all.

Use agralan in the warmer months but they don't sell predators at this time of year. I've put an order in with nematodes direct the other day to see how they are.

Don't pull the plant if only 2 weeks left it'll still produce 

Good luck!

Well I've used Dragonfli a few times and they've been fine, a lot of other retailers just re sell from dragonfli. Gardening naturally and ladybird plant care are another couple of sites I've used. 

• Like 1

I have tried predators etc and tbh if the mites are bad they arent going to help much and is highly unlikely they will fully clear your space of them.

If you only have 2 weeks of 12/12 left best to just finish up and use some other method to actually eliminate them.

This is basically the main reason I stopped doing continuous 12/12 as it was impossible to keep on top of pests and actually think i make better use of the space doing separate flowering runs.

Edited by highgrower
  • Like 6

Thanks all, @Gaijin nematodes direct must be good cause they got diddly squat !

Ordered some what mindsoup mentioned from dragonfli, to be honest its not too bad, mainly on one plant unfortunately it would have be to the only lemon drizzle out of 3 that made it.

@highgrower one option was to put the plants into the shed see if the cold did for them plants wont like though, I have kept on top removing them everyday but they seem more numerous lately with some webbing on a bud and getting closer to harvest action is needed.

Anyone got any experience with cannacure and fume bombs ?

Really your best option is just to limp to the end of 12/12 as best you can and then bleach/dettol everything - unless you have any really special plants your best option is to bin including any compost etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, porky said:

Thanks all, @Gaijin nematodes direct must be good cause they got diddly squat !

I am stoned, but .... I just don't understand what you're getting at there :doh: 

Went and had a look at the site, I see now. Nothing at all. I wonder what happened there. Nothing at all in stock, not just the live stock 

• Like 1