Compost Tea

Subutai

Hi.

I have an auto at 6 weeks in flower and she is showing a Phosphorus deficiency, i have let it get quiet bad so i am looking at a quick fix.

I am thinking of doing a compost tea as i have all the equipment to brew one.

So reading about it seems that nearly anything natural/organic can be added to make the tea.

So to any experienced tea brewers, how does this look?

Going to make about 20L

Add straight to water (poured into bucket 24 hours before making to de-chlorinate)

4 tbsp molasses and or honey
4 tbsp liquid seaweed
2 tbsp BioBizz top max (fulvic and humic acid)
4 tbsp epsom salts pre dissolved

I might add a few tbsp of BioBizz Fish mix but worried it will stink lol

add to sock

1 cup of bone meal
1 cup of BioBizz all mix
1 cup of soil from flowerbed outside (old used All-mix added and mixed into flower bed last summer)
1 bannana peel
handfull of nettles (if i can still get them)

ph to 6.5

Bubble for 24 to 36 hours.

Then i was thinking of pouring neat onto the sick Auto and using the leftover tea at 1 part tea to 3 parts water for my other plants in flower.

Looking for feedback please, is it too rich, anything i am going to add is a bad idea etc.....?

24 minutes ago, Greenfingers420uk said:

Just a simple worm cast tea can do wonders for sick plants.

Don't have any unfortunately, just trying to use what i have available

1 hour ago, ratdog said:

pics?

bottom pick is a 2 week old cutting in biobizz light mix fed just seaweed extract and 1/2ml per L og biobizz grow

large.20221119_160643.jpglarge.20221119_160639.jpg

large.20221029_103209.jpg

Edited by Subutai

they are starving mate, tea will not fix this, you should be feeding with each watering by now.

have you had your water tested? looks like possible calcium deficiency, have you got soft water?

14 hours ago, Greenfingers420uk said:

Whats your temps lights on and lights off ?

Min temp is 21.5 and max temp is 30, humidity is between 50% to 60%

Edited by Subutai
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ratdog said:

they are starving mate, tea will not fix this, you should be feeding with each watering by now.

have you had your water tested? looks like possible calcium deficiency, have you got soft water?

Haven't had my water tested yet, finances are bad atm so it's on the to do list.

I have very hard water, i did post a thread about it before http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/424574-water-report-calmag-or-epsom-salts-needed/&page=2#comment-5782350

I have been adding a tbsp of Epsom salts per gallon of water, but the problem still persists.

I also thought the Auto (top 2 pics) was looking hungry, so i have been adding 1ml Fish mix,  2ml Grow, 3ml Bloom and  2ml of Advanced Nutrients Overdrive per Litre (its now 6-7 weeks in flower) for the last week

Its my first time growing an Auto, i have some photos on the go, and they are looking fine.

Maybe its just a fussy strain (Dos-i-Dos from RGSC)

Edited by Subutai

Oh i forgot to say, i started the tea this evening.

I thought my original recipe in the op was a bit too much so i just used

Handfull of All Mix,

5 Tbsp of Fish Blood and Bone

5 Tbsp Organic Potato feed (Chicken manure)

1 Tbsp Blackstrap Molasses

2 Tbsp Liquid Seaweed

15 ml of Biobizz Bloom

10ml Biobizz Topmax

10 ml Biobizz Fishmix

7 Litres water

This recipe above isn't half complicated.  Have you tried something simple like comfrey? I use the pellets, add some to a jug of hot water, mash them up then leave them for a few days before diluting it a bit. Works wonders.  Any remaining leaf in the solution gets thrown on the top soil.

BTW. Smell your Biobiźz Bloom then smell the molasses. Not much difference eh?

Edited by Clubs
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Clubs said:

This recipe above isn't half complicated.  Have you tried something simple like comfrey? I use the pellets, add some to a jug of hot water, mash them up then leave them for a few days before diluting it a bit. Works wonders.  Any remaining leaf in the solution gets thrown on the top soil.

BTW. Smell your Biobiźz Bloom then smell the molasses. Not much difference eh?

I was just using what i had handy and what i could get cheap.

I knew that Grow and Fish mix is based on sugar beet, and wouldn't be surprised if bloom had a good percentage of the same stuff lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ratdog said:

do you know what your root temps are in the soil?

That i don't mate.

The tent is in an upstairs bedroom, the radiator is turned on as well and the pots are raised off the floor using some old block pavers under the saucers.

I noticed some of my babies have purple stems, iirc thats a sign of cold roots?

Guess i need to find a way of checking the root temps

Just checked and i can use a meat thermometer to check the soil temps, so i will check it this evening (ignore this, my meat thermometer only starts at 50.C lol)

edit.

Just had a quick google on purple stems

" Nutrient deficiencies cause a wide range of symptoms, including yellowing/drying new and old foliage, and discoloured stems and leaves. In particular, some of the early signs of a phosphorous deficiency include red and purple stems, followed by brown, dried out leaves. Magnesium deficiencies, on the other hand, tend to cause petioles (the stalks attaching a leaf to a stem) to turn red. "

Underlined is exactly what i am getting

Edited by Subutai