How to dry this time of the year?

Subutai

How are you guys drying this time of the year?

I can't use a tent (perpetual grow) and i used to dry in the attic with mixed results, especially when it was warm. (Just started growing again after a 2 year break)

Currently the humidity outside is 87% and it got me thinking how i am going to dry.

As the attic is vented, will this be ok to dry in?

I have read the wine cooler thread with interest, but funds are very tight atm and i am keeping an eye out for a used cheapo cooler, but no luck yet :(

55 minutes ago, Subutai said:

Currently the humidity outside is 87%

either you wait for it to drop, or you add some gentle heat to lower humidity in a confined space with extraction, a second tent is needed or something similar imhe

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ratdog said:

either you wait for it to drop, or you add some gentle heat to lower humidity in a confined space with extraction, a second tent is needed or something similar imhe

I might try and get a large Cardboard box and vent some warm air into it.

Thinking about it, my extraction from my veg tent is vented out into the attic, Humidity as always around 50% to 60% in the veg tent, could i vent this straight to the cardboard box?

Hopefully with a long enough run, the air in the ducting will cool down before it gets to the box.

I will probably have to test it first as i have a week or 2 before chopping

9 minutes ago, Subutai said:

my extraction from my veg tent

not sure mate, you will be watering and humidity varies when watering/spraying.

i like to add heat directly

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ratdog said:

not sure mate, you will be watering and humidity varies when watering/spraying.

i like to add heat directly

Thx again for the help.

I have a min max hygrometer in the veg tent, over the last 5 weeks the humidity is always around 50% to 60%, never higher or lower.

I might be able to source a cheap tent just for drying, but it will have to be in the attic.

Iirc i am aiming for around 15.C and 60% humidity.

Like i said, i will have to set it up, test it and try and get it dialled in before chopping

Edited by Subutai
  • Like 1

bung it in a tub at room temp... then poke it with a stick 3 times a day tossing the dope about in the tub like. a bit of wind if it taking to long see will fetch the drying process on a tad. fuk all fancy is  needed imho. :yep:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, thekingofobsolete said:

bung it in a tub at room temp... then poke it with a stick 3 times a day tossing the dope about in the tub like. a bit of wind if it taking to long see will fetch the drying process on a tad. fuk all fancy is  needed imho. :yep:

Do you think it would work better if he painted the tub ?

• Like 5

Just now, Rhubarb & Flustered said:

Do you think it would work better if he painted the tub ?

lol  no that would mean to much work involved. :yep:

• Like 3

Get a large cardboard box and put a small tube heater in there. Extract out slowly into the tent. Be careful it doesn't get too warm and dry too quickly.

i wouldn't just let wet weed sit in a cold room and expect it to dry, i used to live in a place with only an open fire for heat, the bud was chopped put in a small wicker basket and left on a shelf to dry, it soon got bits of mould on, so i advise a gently heated set up with extraction

• Like 1