Organic Living Soil/MPC Recipe's

Hotdog20

Hey all,

Wanting some information on a good recipe for Organic Living Soil/MPC as im wanting to venture into this.

Also I currently use Clover MPC which has been amazing so far, I wondered if I could use  this and just top dress with organic dry ammendments or if I can reuse my old Clover MPC and add the ammendments in to cook and recharge it

Thanks

Have a google of "coots mix" that's the basic foundational recipe. From what I remember  it's 30% peat 30% worm castings or compost and 30% aeration like lava rock or pummice. Half a cup each per cubic foot of neem meal, kelp meal and crustacean meal. 1 cup each per cubic foot of basalt, glacial rock dust, gypsum and powered oyster shell. It's a rough guide though, you don't have to be super precise and there's a lot of suitable substitutes if you can't find that specific thing. 

I like to add 10-20% charged biochar on top of that as well. It  "supercharges" the microbial activity 

You could re use the clover as the peat element of the coots mix, older is probably better as it won't be so full of non organic nutrients. 

There are also pre mixed soils or ammendment mixes like big roots or eco life soil or ecothrive life cycle/Dr Forest premium blend if you want to make it a little simpler.

Edited by MindSoup
  • Like 3

Read “Teaming with Microbes” and then save a shit load of money buy not buying into all the bullshit and marketing that’s out there to empty your pockets of cash :smoke:

• Like 4