What Parchment paper Please.

Giggles

Hi all

I got a set of 7x4 plates at a very good price and purchased a 10 ton workshop press:)

Bought a packet of 120micron bags which came with 3 parchment papers, the rosin didn't release that great from paper even after freezing.

What is the better brands out there, is silicone or PTFE coated paper worth getting.

Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...

I put a slab of marble in the freezer before working with it. Helps keep it brittle until it's all off the paper :yep:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sterling-archer said:

I put a slab of marble in the freezer before working with it. Helps keep it brittle until it's all off the paper :yep:

Cheers, I have a steel work surface that is very cold, currently been using that.

Given up on the press until I grow a bit more suitable flower.

large.63a9e7f956b19_press2.jpg

2 hours ago, Giggles said:

Cheers, I have a steel work surface that is very cold, currently been using that.

Given up on the press until I grow a bit more suitable flower.

large.63a9e7f956b19_press2.jpg

That wood will be absorbing alot of your press force surely bud? I press all my stuff that didn't get enough light etc and seems to yield ok.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sterling-archer said:

That wood will be absorbing alot of your press force surely bud? I press all my stuff that didn't get enough light etc and seems to yield ok.

I agree, the first couple of presses with the softwood, the gauge dropped as the wood compressed, eventually splitting, but the heat up time was so much quicker as I no longer heat the metal press.

I will replace the old pallet wood with something more suitable eventually.:yep:

4 hours ago, Giggles said:

I agree, the first couple of presses with the softwood, the gauge dropped as the wood compressed, eventually splitting, but the heat up time was so much quicker as I no longer heat the metal press.

I will replace the old pallet wood with something more suitable eventually.:yep:

You want a insulative material that's easy to get hold of like fibreglass perhaps or a rubber so heat transfer is minimal to the steel and so is shrinkage.

Or a hard wood and get it machined somewhere for you so it's neat :yep:

• Like 1