Insecticides

Jeanpoole

In a perfect world I would prefer to not use any insecticides in the garden 

There's a multitude of d. I. Y ways of (some) control 

Not surprisingly the hydro shops seem to have the under the counter remedies that rarely work.. And yes when times are desperate you can easily be sucked in. 

Fortunately I have access to some horti wholesalers and have used many different insecticides to combat pests etc

Originally it was torque and intercept that battled the dreaded spider mite

It now seems that today's spider mites are far more robust and become immune to too much of the same and its important to alternate products to keep it at bay 

Apollo 50c - majestic - smitten - dynamec - borneo etc 

I'd be interested to read other growers experiences and if they have used alternative products and become pest free? 

Infact prior to torque the wonder product was neem oil or the hanging sulphur things - followed by fumigation and shut down for 3/6 months 

I've seen peoples crops decemated by various diseases/viruses and it must be soul destroying 

Positive or negative do you have a story to share? 

Edited by Jeanpoole
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/29/2022 at 3:46 PM, Jeanpoole said:

There's a multitude of d. I. Y ways of (some) control   

Not surprisingly the hydro shops seem to have the under the counter remedies that rarely work.. And yes when times are desperate you can easily be sucked in. 

Fortunately I have access to some horti wholesalers and have used many different insecticides to combat pests etc

Apollo 50c - majestic - smitten - dynamec - borneo etc 

Positive or negative do you have a story to share? 

The only thing that has worked for me has been hoovering the plants with a Henry, using a brush attachment on the low setting, and also opening the air vent on the tube so there is the least suction possible to damage plants. I also dip cuttings when buying them in, in a weak Schimmel or Fairy solution, whether that helps or not I'm not convinced.

The usual room cleanliness and hygiene, hoovering the room, smoke bombs, and painting the floor between each cycle will pay dividends too. I haven't had any mites for a while now.

I purchased some Majestic and after using it at the recommended 25ml per liter the plants became sick - it was almost like it blocked their pores or something - I did use it a few times on different strains and all of them showed similar signs so I have done away with the Majestic. :skin_up:

Edited by CriticalEddie