Carbon filter failing during lights off

Rustybiff

I misread this as falling and thought finally someone else has been twatted by their filter too lol

Normally when this happens for me it's due to high humidity. Try drop that down a little more and you'll probably find it rights itself 

Well this is all good stuff to know so thanks for the info everyone.

@Shumroom that is a very good suggestion! It's just whether or not it would stress the fan as others have mentioned? I really have no clue about these things

@Arthur Mix cheer for chiming in bud! I also have a cross of duct tape reducing my passive intake to make negative pressure easier to reach, is this a bad idea as well? Don't know if you saw the previous post but it's only on speed 2 out of 10 so not sure if that makes a difference?

Gonna have another look for a leak at lights on but I'm pretty sure it's tight..

@blerie420 thankfully haven't had that but twat my head off the light every time lol.. I feel like it may be something to do with humidity or possible temps? Not sure if there's a minimum temp for them to work properly, obviously things expand in heat so perhaps that's a factor. Can't get humidity any lower unfortunately, dehum's reached its limit I think...

• Like 2

The filter should be fine at 60%.Like you I oversize my fan & just swapped to an S6 (literally last night) and lights off I have it set on 3 which has kept everything pretty level 61% above canopy and 58% below,I have the filter at the top as I couldn't be arsed messing around moving it down.

Tent is 1x1x2 and I'm using a cheap Fox filter after trying one of the Rhino Hobby jobbies which was total shite.

• Like 1