Some advice needed for someone who has been out of the game for a little while

TeaPot

Hello peeps, I’ve recently got the bug for getting a grow up and running and am looking to upgrade my old tent to a gorilla tent (1.2 x 2.4 x 2.4)

I’ve just ordered the second gavita 1700e led light to go with my other one, and two adapters to join them.

The rest of the equipment hasn’t been purchased as I’m a bit unsure of what to get. 

It’s been a good year and a half since I last did anything

can anyone advise me on what to go for as far as fans (size and type) for a tent of that size, I’ve read ec fans are the better option, any suggestions? 

As far as the master controller, el1 or el1f?

Ive never used any master controller before, so I’m entering new territory 

Any tips or suggestions for the rest of the room regarding equipment, would be really appreciated. I don’t remember things being so advanced as they are now!

My previous tent was a dr120, but this new set up is a bit more of a serious set up, at least for me it is!

Thanks in advance

• Like 2

Thanks for that @Abbo52, I did have a look at the fans, are they good? Quiet?

The guy in the grow shop said a 6” exhaust fan will be enough for the new tent, which is lucky as the fan I have is 6”, it’s one of those long cylindrical ones, but it’s not an ec fan.

I did pick up a Gavita EL2F controller with the intention of upgrading to an EC fan as and when it’s possible

I used a 6” rhino pro carbon filter once, last summer and boxed it up after use (I think I bagged it) - will this still be ok to use?

• Like 1

If the filter was working fine when put away, then no reason why it shouldn't still be fine if stored adequately. 

Allow for a new one regardless in the budget. Chuck the old one up and monitor as usual, if/when it starts to fail you have a spare available for an immediate swap out. 

Can't comment regarding sizing, I've got the AC Inf 6" kit servicing 2 cubic meters of space, the system worked admirably over the hot summer apart from the AC CF which failed after only a few weeks. Humidity was no higher than usual, and a single failure is hardly a fair test, but I'd never buy another one. 

• Like 1